• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Isn't quality depth guys who come off the bench and help you win games? Maybe I'll jump on the no-depth band wagon when we lose two in a row with a mash unit oline and a backup olb getting 2 sacks.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

We need a Kieser Soze smilie!
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
        Sorry, I had surgery on Wednesday and find I still have to take some time to rest. If you want some pain in your life try hip preservation surgery.

Not exactly sure what I am supposed to do now, jump on the SB bandwagon or something?
        Heal well Den, we will need you in top form after the bye week when face a running QB and then some good teams!
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

And two games better than what Cap'n predicted. I suppose there is a point in there someone. I am happy as all get out that we could beat the Jags. They looked like a top notch team. And I can't wait until we get to face Denver. They better look out because in the words of Tony the Tiger, "we're Gre-at!
          Leave it to you to be searching for the point that was obvious. We could go to Philip Rivers next, if that would help...

That said, sorry bout the surgery abd hope you have a quick recovery.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Sorry, I had surgery on Wednesday and find I still have to take some time to rest. If you want some pain in your life try hip preservation surgery.

Not exactly sure what I am supposed to do now, jump on the SB bandwagon or something?
            With what you've just been through, I would refrain from doing any jumping for a while. I will pick up the slack for you. I just had to jump off our 3-win bandwagon.

Get well. I can only imagine the pain.

Comment

• Screeme
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I didn't think we would have a winning record at any point this season.

I was thinking today watching SF pounds Tennessee what a funny league this is. There's so few games, we want to read so much into each one. There's very little allowance for "They just had a bad game" like baseball or basketball. But with SF's win.. You can logically conclude:

SD>Indy>SF>Tenn>SD!?

My point, I guess, I'm still not fully sure what to make of this team. We have a tough second half schedule. Do I think we'll make the playoffs? Probably not. But I'm not longer going into each gamethinking we are clearly better or worse than any team we face from here on out. We play a lot better than we have any right to be.

Comment

• blahblahblah
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post

I was thinking today watching SF pounds Tennessee what a funny league this is. There's so few games, we want to read so much into each one. There's very little allowance for "They just had a bad game" like baseball or basketball. But with SF's win.. You can logically conclude:

SD>Indy>SF>Tenn>SD!?

My point, I guess, I'm still not fully sure what to make of this team. We have a tough second half schedule. Do I think we'll make the playoffs? Probably not. But I'm not longer going into each gamethinking we are clearly better or worse than any team we face from here on out. We play a lot better than we have any right to be.

Logic!! Football is highly stochastic.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Here is what is mind boggling about having a 4-3 record:

In five weeks, the Chargers have played five different players at left tackle, four at left guard, three at right guard and three at right tackle. Nick Hardwick has delivered every snap at center.
                  We have to have the best oline coaches in the league.

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post

SD>Indy>SF>Tenn>SD!?

Looking at the Chargers and the Chiefs, the Chargers have been unlucky with the timing of the games they lost: The Texans before Schaub's downfall and injury and the Titans before Locker's injury. Not that it should have mattered though because they still could have won both of those games.

Compare that to the Chiefs who have been very fortunate with the timing of their opponents, facing both the Titans and Texans with their backup quarterbacks and not impressive in those wins IMO. Yeah, their defense is playing very well but I'm still not convinced they are all that and could even beat the Chargers.

I'm throwing out the Raider game as just a weird fluke game with that crazy start time. They just looked completely out of it that day. The weirdest thing was that even Rivers looked like he wasn't fired up and was just ready to take a nap. Otherwise they have took it to teams that no one was giving them a chance to win.

Comment

• TTThunder
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

I guess I am a few here since I predicted a 9-7. (2 more win with Norv subtraction... :-) )

We are 4-3, maybe 5-4 is attainable. (2-2 from WA-NG-CC-NJ and 3-2 in division. We split with all. I know this is very challenging but I hope McCoy familiarity with DV gets us 1 win.)

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        Here is what is mind boggling about having a 4-3 record:

We have to have the best oline coaches in the league.
                        Hard not to consider them right up there. I think you also have to give Telesco some credit for putting these particular pieces together. Not only did he come up with talented players but flexible ones capable of moving around if need be. And he did it for reasonable dollars. Given the sunk cost of Gaither, TT managed to do a very good job of evaluating the unit's spare parts left by AJ and using the draft and FA to augment them for reasonable money.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          Isn't quality depth guys who come off the bench and help you win games? Maybe I'll jump on the no-depth band wagon when we lose two in a row with a mash unit oline and a backup olb getting 2 sacks.
                          Yes, but in fairness I would not have expected the same outcome against a higher caliber opponent.

Comment

Working...
                          X