• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Patriots lose, Belicheck splits hairs on a call

Belicheck continues to consider himself above the rules and to look for technicalities to rationalize it. In case you missed it, the Jets attempted a game winning (in OT) 57 yard FG and missed it. But a Patriot clearly, deliberately, pushed a teammate into the blockers. This was a calculated move -- you can see it on the replay. It was not a quick shove, he got down low and pushed him like a stalled car. There is a new rule that makes this an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. In other words, it is not a legal move in the NFL. Belicheck says it was a bad call because his guy came from the side and not directly behind the player he pushed and the rule says the push is illegal from the secondary. Maybe the guy lined up to the side, they didn't show it, but he ended up behind the other player, pushing him. Typical Belicheck cheating and rationalizing it.

When the Bolts got called (which the NFL later said was INCORRECT) for violating the new rule about pulling or touching the snapper during a FG in the Texans game, you didn't hear McCoy whining about it. BIG difference between McCoy and Belicheck.

Oh, and Tom Brady says the team (implied....the OTHER guys) needs to play better. Poor Tom can't do it all. Second game this year w/o a TD pass for Tom Terrific.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • thelightningwill
    Go Aztecs and Pads
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Bellichick and the Patriots should have lost all rights to criticize refs and-or the NFL rules. He's a fucking cheater and so is that franchise.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      Belicheck continues to consider himself above the rules and to look for technicalities to rationalize it. In case you missed it, the Jets attempted a game winning (in OT) 57 yard FG and missed it. But a Patriot clearly, deliberately, pushed a teammate into the blockers. This was a calculated move -- you can see it on the replay. It was not a quick shove, he got down low and pushed him like a stalled car. There is a new rule that makes this an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. In other words, it is not a legal move in the NFL. Belicheck says it was a bad call because his guy came from the side and not directly behind the player he pushed and the rule says the push is illegal from the secondary. Maybe the guy lined up to the side, they didn't show it, but he ended up behind the other player, pushing him. Typical Belicheck cheating and rationalizing it.

When the Bolts got called (which the NFL later said was INCORRECT) for violating the new rule about pulling or touching the snapper during a FG in the Texans game, you didn't hear McCoy whining about it. BIG difference between McCoy and Belicheck.

Oh, and Tom Brady says the team (implied....the OTHER guys) needs to play better. Poor Tom can't do it all. Second game this year w/o a TD pass for Tom Terrific.

TG
      But did you see how dreamy he looked post game? King's had the presser on Super Slo Mo all night.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Other than that call being against the Patriots I think its a bad rule.
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

who cares, belichick is still a great coach and I'd trade mccoy for him any day of the week. haters gonna hate.

btw he's pretty much the only coach I'd trade mccoy for.

Comment

• cyberbolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
            who cares, belichick is still a great coach and I'd trade mccoy for him any day of the week. haters gonna hate.

btw he's pretty much the only coach I'd trade mccoy for.
            Yes, he's a great coach. Yes, I guess I'm a hater too, cuz I'd rather win the right way than have my victories be tainted by a cheating scandal. To each their own I guess, but I'm not (nor will I ever be) a fan of Belicheat.

Comment

• sandiego17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

F Belicheat. F Brady.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

I would never want Belicheat....no respect for his inability to even try to play within the rules. I do believe he gets a lot out of his players but I don't agree with his methodology in doing so. I want a respectable team, not a team people take shots at due to cheating like the Cheatriots.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Shanarat was a great coach too, when he had Elway. Amazing what a qb can do for your reputation.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I personally couldn't stomach having him as our coach. I understand what many think about him, but he's just not a guy I could get behind or feel proud of. Just listening him be a little bitch with the media every time he talks is just nauseating. I mean Popovich does some of the same stuff, but he has fun with it. This guy is just a penis.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Yesterday, Belicheck mumbled something, in his Belicheckian way about the Patriots not really breaking any rules but needing to have a better understanding of the rules. He also absolved the rookie who stepped up and took the blame. But then today, he switched tactics, rationalizing the cheating he did by accusing the Jets of also cheating.

TG

From CNN/SI

New England Patriots’ head coach Bill Belichick said that the Jets were guilty of the same penalty that cost the Pats Sunday’s game, according to Seth Walden of the New York Daily News.

The controversy over the NFL’s new rule about pushing a teammate at the line of scrimmage, which was put in place this off-season and enforced for the first time in overtime of the Pats-Jets game on Sunday, has yet to die down. When Belichick was asked about reports that Jets’ players had told the refs to look out for players pushing before their failed 56-yard field goal attempt, the coach responded by saying:

“Well, I mean, since they were using the play themselves I don’t even know about all that.”

The Jets went on to win Sunday’s game with a 42-yard field goal after the 15-yard penalty was enforced.

Belichick on Jets alerting refs to push play: "Well, I mean, since they were using the play themselves I don’t even know about all that."—
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• ICE
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                        Other than that call being against the Patriots I think its a bad rule.
                        Heard about it from a PAts fan but did not see the repaly etc. Sounds like a lame rule. What is the difference on the goalline D for example when a QB is running the sneak and all of the D ram the middle? Techniclly they are all pushing at the same point of attack no? Guess I need to watch the replay to see what happened but the way it is described seems like a lame new rule.
                        Some people say the Bolts shouldn't even be in the playoffs....

Comment

Working...
                        X