• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Do You Think KC is really that good?

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- For the third time in four games, the Kansas City Chiefs will face an opponent starting a different quarterback than the week before.

People probably tired of seeing me post on different threads about KC, but I think this is a strong 7-0 team, I don't see them winning the AFC West, and they are probably one and done in the playoffs.

I think the Chiefs do have a good defense, but stats are easly inflated if you look at their oponnents, they played the 0-7 Jags, New York Giants with Eli playing like crap and they just got their 1st win Monday, Titans played with there 2nd string QB Fitzpatrick, Texans playing their 2nd/3rd string QB Keenum. Now they get the Browns and 2nd/3rd string QB Jason Campbell. They barely got victory over Dallas 17-6.

Offensively I said this on several other threads Alex Smith is an average QB, he doesn't elevate the play of player surrounding him. Their explosive players on offense are Jamal Charlse and Dywane Bowe who is good, but is not putting up the numbers he has in the past, why look at the QB Alex Smith. Alex Smith Passer Rating 79.3, comp% 58, yards average per pass 6.28, TD 7, and INT 4. This isn't a guy that will take any team far in the playoffs, he did in San Fran because their D was dominate. I am not ready to put KC D on that level with that San Fran D of 2011, look again who KC has played so far.

I think the second half of the season they will go 4-4, good enough to be in the playoffs with record of 12-4 assuming they beat the Cleveland Browns and Jason Campbell at QB.
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...iefs-continues

People probably tired of seeing me post on different threads about KC, but I think this is a strong 7-0 team, I don't see them winning the AFC West, and they are probably one and done in the playoffs.

I think the Chiefs do have a good defense, but stats are easly inflated if you look at their oponnents, they played the 0-7 Jags, New York Giants with Eli playing like crap and they just got their 1st win Monday, Titans played with there 2nd string QB Fitzpatrick, Texans playing their 2nd/3rd string QB Keenum. Now they get the Browns and 2nd/3rd string QB Jason Campbell. They barely got victory over Dallas 17-6.

Offensively I said this on several other threads Alex Smith is an average QB, he doesn't elevate the play of player surrounding him. Their explosive players on offense are Jamal Charlse and Dywane Bowe who is good, but is not putting up the numbers he has in the past, why look at the QB Alex Smith. Alex Smith Passer Rating 79.3, comp% 58, yards average per pass 6.28, TD 7, and INT 4. This isn't a guy that will take any team far in the playoffs, he did in San Fran because their D was dominate. I am not ready to put KC D on that level with that San Fran D of 2011, look again who KC has played so far.

I think the second half of the season they will go 4-4, good enough to be in the playoffs with record of 12-4 assuming they beat the Cleveland Browns and Jason Campbell at QB.
    If they win the West, then they'll get at least one home game in the playoffs, if not a BYE, and that gives them a HUGE advantage, IMO. I could see them getting into the AFC Championship Game IF it goes that way. They only have to win 1 home game.

Comment

• SFW
      PB Official Game Thread Starter
      • Jul 2013
      • NY
      • USMC
      • Send PM

I think they are a really strong team. Teams don't just stumble or luck themselves into a 7-0 record. Their defense and running game are both really strong and those are two important ingredients to succeed in the playoffs. Now if they do win the division or end up with the best record in the conference they will be extremely difficult to beat at home in January in the playoffs. I think their home field advantage is up there with Denver and Seattle.
      1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
      2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
      3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
      4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
      5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
      6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
      7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
        I think they are a really strong team. Teams don't just stumble or luck themselves into a 7-0 record. Their defense and running game are both really strong and those are two important ingredients to succeed in the playoffs. Now if they do win the division or end up with the best record in the conference they will be extremely difficult to beat at home in January in the playoffs. I think their home field advantage is up there with Denver and Seattle.
        Agree completely. I was also surprised to hear that the noise level in Arrowhead exceeded that in Seattle! I thought the Seattle dome (or whatever it's called) was actually DESIGNED to magnify crowd noise.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

Joshy McDaniels went 6-0 with the Broncos too. And they actually beat a few decent teams.

Floundering Houston with a 3rd string qb, Tennessee with it's first game with a backup qb.

The Chargers beat Dallas much more impressively, with numerous missing starters.

I'm not buying the Chiefs as that good at this point. I do agree their defense is pretty good. They have to prove it to me.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
            Joshy McDaniels went 6-0 with the Broncos too. And they actually beat a few decent teams.

Floundering Houston with a 3rd string qb, Tennessee with it's first game with a backup qb.

The Chargers beat Dallas much more impressively, with numerous missing starters.

I'm not buying the Chiefs as that good at this point. I do agree their defense is pretty good. They have to prove it to me.

Well said that was kind of where I was trying to go with it I probably should of said KC is a good team instead of a strong team. Looking at who they played and their offense is not that great, other than Jamal Charlse who do you fear.

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I think their defense is legit. Granted it helps when you play against backup QBs but you don't go undefeated without earning it. We'll see what the 2nd half of the season brings. Agree that Alex Smith probably isn't the answer unless their defense truly becomes elite status.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

If we would of won the two games against the Titans and Texans would you consider us a really strong team with a 6-1 record only one game we lost and deserve to lose was to the Raiders with a very poor performance. Just asking because we are mirror opossites when it comes to KC.

SD Strong offensively- SD defensively at least games 1-5 below average; the last two games (Colts & Jags) I would grade average
                KC Average Offesively - KC good defensively not dominate, they bet the Texans by 1 17-16 with a 3rd string QB

SD holds the upperhand compared to KC when you look at the QB, River has proven to elevate the play of others around him, the year 2010 I believe we had all the injuries at WR he made us think Tutu was a rising star, made Patrick Crayton look like a good FA pickup.

Comment

• SFW
                  PB Official Game Thread Starter
                  • Jul 2013
                  • NY
                  • USMC
                  • Send PM

Of course if the Chargers were 6-1 or 7-0 they would be considered a really strong team. Being able to win the really close games (or not choke) is exactly what separates the Chargers from the top tier teams. The Chiefs defense have not given up more than 16 points in any game this year, to me that is dominant. I understand they haven't played the strongest schedule but they have almost played the exact same schedule as us and have a 3 game lead. Until they lose or start losing, IMO they have to be considered elite.
                  1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
                  2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
                  3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
                  4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
                  5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
                  6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
                  7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

Hey look KC going to face yet another backup QB. Come on down Mr. Campbell.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                      Hey look KC going to face yet another backup QB. Come on down Mr. Campbell.
                      Somebody please check and see if the Chiefs have signed Tonya Harding.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Until they lose or start losing, IMO they have to be considered elite.
                        Elite is too strong of a word. "One of the better teams recordwise currently" is more apt.

i think they're a lot closer to the 2010 version of the Chiefs, strong defense and game manager qb.

Comment

Working...
                        X