Chargers @ Redskins - Even Line (Pick 'em)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

"Doesn't matter (who you're playing)," Garcon said, referring to the entire offense (via NFL.com). "If you suck at passing, you suck at passing ... We've just got to figure it out."

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Bye week doesn't fully heal Chargers Donald Butler rehabs,Eric Weddle rests,and Chad Rinehart returns to field

By Michael Gehlken 02:43p.m. Oct 28, 2013

The bye week helped some of the Chargers' wounds.

It didn't heal them all.

Inside linebacker Donald Butler and safety Eric Weddle were among the players to miss Monday's practice, the absence for Weddle appearing to be purely rest related after a procedure last week. Left guard Chad Rinehart practiced, meanwhile, for the first time since suffering turf toe Sept. 22 against the Titans.

The return of Rinehart and left tackle King Dunlap (concussion) put the starting offensive line at full strength.

The last time all five worked together was Sept. 18 in a Wednesday practice.

"It's what happens when the bye week comes at a good time in the middle of the season," guard Jeromey Clary said. "You're able to get some guys healthy and give them some rest. It's always good to have a guy like Chad out there. He likes to mix it up. He likes to poke and jab at everybody. ... We missed him out there."

Dunlap's concussion versus the Jaguars on Oct. 20 was his second in a month.

The symptoms were much milder than after the first one, which sidelined him two games.

Many players left town during the four-day bye break. Butler stayed in San Diego to rehab.

A groin injury forced the co-captain to be inactive the past two games after he aggravated the injury Oct. 10 in practice. He has done some running in the pool and treadmill but is still working to get back.

"I'm taking it one day at a time," Butler said. "I'm not getting too far ahead of myself. I feel better every day since I started resting it and gotten stronger every day. One day at a time."

Outside linebacker Jarret Johnson also missed the past two games but is further ahead from a hamstring injury considered less severe. He practiced Monday and is expected to play the Redskins on Sunday.

As expected, Melvin Ingram was not ready to return to practice. The Chargers outside linebacker remains on the Physically Unable to Perform list from a May torn anterior cruciate ligament.

Wide receiver Seyi Ajirotutu and Weddle both missed practice to rest toe ailments.

Dealing with a callus, Weddle had to receive a pre-game injection for most of this season in order to play. It was cut off on Oct. 21, and he is expected to return to practice as early as Wednesday. That is when the Chargers begin their true week of on-field preparation for Washington and must submit their first injury report for the game.

Coach Mike McCoy said Weddle "will be fine."
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

We get our ol back to strength and this will be a good couple games to gage this team.

Need Weddle bad. I would rest Butler another week and have him 100% for Denver.

Ingram is a pipe dream....would be nice to get him back but he may not be a real factor missing playing time. He will be behind the learning curve.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Nervous about this game for some reason.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• KNSD
            Registered Charger Hater
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Pick'em? I'm picking SD.
            Prediction:
            Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
            Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
            Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
              "For some reason"? How long have you been a Charger fan, Darius??

Comment

• Buck
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Last game in DC, LT demolished some guy with a stiff arm on his way to an overtime TD. I want to say that put us at 6-3 and the Skins at 4-5, yet they made the playoffs and we didn't (2005).

Comment

• Faded blues
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2013
                  • Send PM

it has moved to minus 1 sd on most sites.

Comment

• -Big-Blue-
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Houston, Tx
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                    It could be because we're traveling to the wrong coast against a hot or cold NFC team for an early game. I can totally see why Vegas has this as a Pick'em. There are a lot of reasons why we should lose this game. But man, we should totally kick the skins in the taco.

-BB(B)
                    I really, really can't stand the Jets.

Comment

• Lightnin'
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Buck View Post
                      Last game in DC, LT demolished some guy with a stiff arm on his way to an overtime TD. I want to say that put us at 6-3 and the Skins at 4-5, yet they made the playoffs and we didn't (2005).
                      I was in the crowd that day.

Tomlinson rushed for north of 160 yards, nearly all in the 4th quarter and OT.

Your memory is correct about the Chargers season-we tanked-v-Miami/KC/Denver following the win in DC,
                      Brees shoulder separation, etc., we all know the history from there.
                      San Diego Chargers

1961-2017

Comment

• ICE
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I will be attending the game which means the Bolts will win - end of story!
                        Some people say the Bolts shouldn't even be in the playoffs....

Comment

• sandiego17
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightnin' View Post
                          Your memory is correct about the Chargers season-we tanked-v-Miami/KC/Denver following the win in DC,
                          Brees shoulder separation, etc., we all know the history from there.
                          14-2 next year!

Comment

Working...
                          X