• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charged up
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I have a question....

Why not up and over with RM at the goal-line?

If fumbling is the excuse the RM needs not to be on this team.
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

I have another question? Are we winning the Super Bowl this year or drafting in the top 5? I have trouble keeping this straight from week to week.
    Adipose

Comment

• Charged up
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
      I have another question? Are we winning the Super Bowl this year or drafting in the top 5? I have trouble keeping this straight from week to week.
      Neither. Probably will be drafting in the middle of the pack.

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Opera singer and web developer.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charged up View Post
        Neither. Probably will be drafting in the middle of the pack.
        Shhhh... Don't let logic and reason cloud your thinking. This is either a Super Bowl contender or one of the worst teams in the league, depending on which week you tune in.
        Adipose

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Time to sell this soaps

Opera logo:
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
            Shhhh... Don't let logic and reason cloud your thinking. This is either a Super Bowl contender or one of the worst teams in the league, depending on which week you tune in.
            I'd rather be a Super Bowl contender OR the worst team in the League. These 7-9, 8-8 seasons are the most frustrating, IMO. This is not a "building block" or "retooling" season. It's just what it is: Nowheresville. No playoffs, no Super Bowl, no high draft choices to get excited about. Just middle of the pack, win some/lose some, year in, year out nonsense.

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
              I'd rather be a Super Bowl contender OR the worst team in the League. These 7-9, 8-8 seasons are the most frustrating, IMO. This is not a "building block" or "retooling" season. It's just what it is: Nowheresville. No playoffs, no Super Bowl, no high draft choices to get excited about. Just middle of the pack, win some/lose some, year in, year out nonsense.
              Playoff experience would be good for a young team like this. Also, a 9-7 team is obviously a lot better than a 4-12 team and will probably turn things around a lot faster. If this is really a 4-12 team then there's little hope for the coming years: are MM and TT the wrong guys for the job? If they make the playoffs or just miss it, the future looks much brighter because TT and MM are leading the team in the right direction.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                Playoff experience would be good for a young team like this. Also, a 9-7 team is obviously a lot better than a 4-12 team and will probably turn things around a lot faster. If this is really a 4-12 team then there's little hope for the coming years: are MM and TT the wrong guys for the job? If they make the playoffs or just miss it, the future looks much brighter because TT and MM are leading the team in the right direction.
                Not so sure about that anymore; in the NFL of the here and now. You don't have 4 years to "build" a team anymore, not when a third of your roster is in flux from year to year. By the time the guy(s) you drafted in 2013 are hitting their stride, the guy(s) you drafted in 2009 are leaving for a bigger paycheck.

Honestly, it takes a lot of luck to win a Super Bowl; I'm really starting to believe that. You don't have to be the best team; just somewhere from 7-12th best, IMO. You've got to get hot late in the season, you have to be relatively healthy, and...you gotta get a couple of good bounces.

Comment

• Den60
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I believe next year we play the NFC West, the AFC East, and games against either Tennessee or Houston here and either Baltimore or Cleveland away. We aren't going to be playing the sad sacks we have in the first half of this year.

Comment

• Den60
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I believe next year we play the NFC West, the AFC East, and games against either Tennessee or Houston here and either Baltimore or Cleveland away. We aren't going to be playing the sad sacks we have in the first half of this year.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                      We get it.

Comment

• TTK
                        EX-Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • America's Finest City
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                        Not so sure about that anymore; in the NFL of the here and now. You don't have 4 years to "build" a team anymore, not when a third of your roster is in flux from year to year. By the time the guy(s) you drafted in 2013 are hitting their stride, the guy(s) you drafted in 2009 are leaving for a bigger paycheck.

Honestly, it takes a lot of luck to win a Super Bowl; I'm really starting to believe that. You don't have to be the best team; just somewhere from 7-12th best, IMO. You've got to get hot late in the season, you have to be relatively healthy, and...you gotta get a couple of good bounces.
                        If you believe this, then why can't the Chargers get hot at the end of the year and win it all?

Comment

Working...
                        X