• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guy Lombardo
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
    Combined with the replay equipment not working for us on a play that changed the game (that could easily be seen on the 1,000,000 foot Jumbotron we were all looking at), but suddenly worked when the Broncos needed to challenge? No, nothing weird going on there.
    Last edited by Guy Lombardo; 11-11-2013, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Most under pressure QBs this week; 1. Jay Cutler (53.7% of dropbacks), 2. Philip Rivers (52.8%) & 3.Matt Ryan (52.5%)
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I just changed to a Donkey fan. No reason to root for a team that the league and their officials are looking to screw over. Go Donkeys!

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
          I just changed to a Donkey fan. No reason to root for a team that the league and their officials are looking to screw over. Go Donkeys!
          It's been pretty obvious for quite some time now that you don't root for the Chargers, so I guess it's not real surprising.

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

Read any message board for the 32 different NFL teams and you'll see fans whining that the NFL, Goodel and the refs are out to get their team. It's what fans do I guess.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Finally your avatar and posts match up. Congrats on looking within to find yourself.

Comment

• blahblahblah
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

I'm sure BYU would never rig a replay, either. Home teams just wouldn't do that.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

No, other teams can have players that suck too.
                  Hah! That's what confused me.
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Oh gosh...I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories generally. And I'm not this time. Hochuli's call was All-Time bad, but it really didn't do anything except make the season more interesting for the Chargers and allowed us to extract some vengeance in the form of a last-game butt-kicking of those same Broncos which got us into playoffs.

Hochuli can CERTAINLY be blamed, if you will, for that call (and that loss), but generally those things even out through the course of a season.

By the way, how does one judge a "good" referee? By the fact that he lifts weights? I don't think Hochuli stands out among the other refs in the League. But maybe I just don't know what to look for.

Comment

• MakoShark
                      Disgruntled
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Alabama
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                      Oh gosh...I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories generally. And I'm not this time. Hochuli's call was All-Time bad, but it really didn't do anything except make the season more interesting for the Chargers and allowed us to extract some vengeance in the form of a last-game butt-kicking of those same Broncos which got us into playoffs.

Hochuli can CERTAINLY be blamed, if you will, for that call (and that loss), but generally those things even out through the course of a season.

By the way, how does one judge a "good" referee? By the fact that he lifts weights? I don't think Hochuli stands out among the other refs in the League. But maybe I just don't know what to look for.
                      Maybe PFF should start grading them like they do the players, then OIP could send those to you along with the player grades? :couch:
                      sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

By the way, how does one judge a "good" referee? I don't think Hochuli stands out among the other refs in the League. But maybe I just don't know what to look for.
                        Are you joking? Refs are graded weekly and those grades effect the crews that work the playoffs. As for Hochuli missing that call:

Ed Hochuli's acknowledgement that he erred on a call late in Sunday's San Diego-Denver game will mean lower grades for one of the NFL's highest profile referees.

"Officials are held accountable for their calls. They are graded on every play of every game," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Monday. "Ed has been an outstanding official for many years, but he will be marked down for this call. Under our evaluation system, an official's grades impact his status for potentially working the playoffs and ultimately whether or not he is retained."
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Which call did he blow (this time)?

Comment

Working...
                          X