Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Concudan View Post

Oh... Cuddles! He is fun.
    Its like trying to throw away a piece of tape that wont unstick itself from your hand. You have to cut off your finger to remove it. lol

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by obvious_idiot_bolt View Post

Resurrect him in the politics forum instead; it's pretty dead over there these days.
      Oh hes great for forums stats. I think hes probably 90% of Bolttalks posts these days. Unfortunately he would say the same shit in the politics for um most likely. He would fit Spanos into every post somehow.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

From Jack Wang's article:

On Twitter

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Comment

• SDFan
            SDFan commented
            Editing a comment
            4-strokes easier on the ears? Not for this guy! If we had only 4-strokes growing up (and even now) I would have nothing to do with bikes. My 1st bike was a Honda Z50- last 4-stroke I ever owned. I still have 20+ 2-stroke bikes and it's part of my rebellious nature and non-conformist lifestyle.
        • Geezbolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Sun Valley, ID
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
          http://www.chargers.com/news/2017/06...roadcast-boothonly caring about the Chargers. I only
          It appears Hardwick went through the same emotions and feelings as did many of us in this forum. I am really glad he will be back on the radio. IMO, he is one of the best color commentators I've heard. And with the new additions to the OL, his takes will be even more interesting.

Comment

• JDA21
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The way Hardwick explains dealing with the Chargers move and his emotions about it ring true with me. Initially, I was thinking I was done with the Chargers because I was hurt so badly and hate the ownership so much. Then by the time the NFL Draft came around, I found myself still caring about the Charger's picks. I've poured my heart and soul into this team for 25+ years and it's very difficult to go cold turkey on one of my passions. I'm still sorting out my emotions but I'll likely still root for the Chargers as I still like and care about a lot of players on the team. As the years go by and many of our guys retire or go to different teams, it will be easier to slowly cut ties. If we ever get another NFL team here that would make it much easier to let them go.

Comment

• Kyle
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              Actually, I'll miss Josh Lewin's play-by-play also. I haven't heard Matt Smith. (Not going to call someone "Money").

I'll give Hardwick slack on coming back to the Chargers broadcast. He broke bones for them.

The Chargers also announced that Spiro Dedes and Dan Fouts will be the pre-season TV announcers as well.
              Kinda surprised dto see Dedes as the announcer. I've only known him to call basketball. He succeeded Chick Hearn as they Lakers play by play guy and did an ok job, but always bugged me because every time he said "Kobe" it sounded like "Kolby." Hear that 100 times a game and it'll drive you batty.

Smith started out as the sports guy on Kevin and Bean. They started calling him "Money." I was always surprised he kept the nickname after he left to do sports talk radio.
              sigpic

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Dedes has been the TV play-by-play for preseason games for at least the last couple of seasons (I think it was Fouts and Billy Ray Smith just before). Dedes does call NFL games in regular season for CBS, and I think he's the regular announcer for the Knicks, so its pretty rare that he would call a regular season Charger game.

Comment

Working...
                X