• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

I would laugh if Fluker ends up our LT of the future. I think he's got enough capability and he's got the drive to want to do well at it. He has near zero experience so perhaps this could be a silver lining to see if he can handle the spot if not thrown into the fire midgame. I think he can do it if given the opportunity.

I'm guessing we may see Clary back at RT for the moment unless we find a better option. We can fill a guard spot easier.

Too bad on Dunlap...he was a gamer.

Any word on our mini sized center?

RTPbolt

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

McCoy said the team has neither concluded or ruled out a concussion for Dunlap.

Seriously?
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 34m
        Chargers LT King Dunlap has neck strain, his status "up in the air," source says: http://utsd.us/1aS4oIX

Comment

• sandiego17
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          Seriously?
          Neither confirm nor deny. It is pretty crazy how close to the vest these guys are, I'm pretty sure they know if its a concussion or not.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 34m
            Chargers LT King Dunlap has neck strain, his status "up in the air," source says: http://utsd.us/1aS4oIX
            Yes he has a neck strain. But they still don't know of he has a concussion.

UT:

The status of King Dunlap is "up in the air," a source said Tuesday.

The Chargers left tackle has been diagnosed with a neck strain. That much is known. But as that injury is further evaluated on a player with two confirmed concussions this year, it is difficult to tell just how long Dunlap will be sidelined.

He didn't play the second half Sunday against the Broncos because of the neck injury.

An early report from San Diego's sideline was that Dunlap had a concussion, but that determination was the team erring "on the side of precaution," coach Mike McCoy said Monday. He added the team has neither verified nor ruled out a concussion, which would be Dunlap's third in less than two months.

While sorting through the situation, the Chargers brought in tackle Willie Smith for a free agency visit Tuesday. Dunlap is receiving a second opinion on his MRI.

"Once we sit down and figure out all the details of everything and the doctors make the ruling," McCoy said Monday, "we will definitely look at what is best for King Dunlap's future and not just our football team."
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

I'm beginning to think that McCoy is starting to feel sorry that he took this job. Is there a college job being dangled in front of his face? There's been a ton of criticism, second-guessing, comments about him not being ready for a HC job, making too many rookie mistakes, and more...

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                Neither confirm nor deny. It is pretty crazy how close to the vest these guys are, I'm pretty sure they know if its a concussion or not.
                Never know with this medical staff
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                  I'm beginning to think that McCoy is starting to feel sorry that he took this job. Is there a college job being dangled in front of his face? There's been a ton of criticism, second-guessing, comments about him not being ready for a HC job, making too many rookie mistakes, and more...
                  Not a chance. I think McCoy really doesn't give a shit what anyone in the press thinks. I am kind of scratching my head why suddenly everything he does is under a magnifying glass. He has made a few mistakes he won't likely make again (roster spot and challenge flag) and certainly has done some other things that have not worked out - but all coaches do.

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

All coaches get second guessed all the time.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                      All coaches get second guessed all the time.
                      I get that, it's just that he seems more under scrutiny for some reason.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        I get that, it's just that he seems more under scrutiny for some reason.
                        Maybe he's making more mistakes more often than most coaches.
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                          Maybe he's making more mistakes more often than most coaches.
                          Maybe some think that. But some of the stuff he is being questioned about as "not being ready" are real reaches.

Comment

Working...
                          X