• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thelightningwill
    Go Aztecs and Pads
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
    If you think this years' team is about the same as last year's team, I strongly suggest you take a close, long look at the roster.
    How strongly do you suggest that? I'd prefer not to look at either. I thought we got rid of some defensive players who were better than whom we replaced them with this year. But significantly better? Probably not. On offense, I think we actually have better players than a year ago. Woodhead and Fluker are a zillion times better than Whoever and Clary. And the moments the King played this year were a big upgrade over last year as well.

I thought, just by the law of averages, that whomevier we hired as head coach this year would do better than Norv did last year.

Either I've greatly undervalued Turner as a head coach, or McCoy hasn't done that well yet. I'm not saying he won't do well or doesn't have the potential to do well, but I can't say, at 4-5, he's already met my expectations.

What he's done with Rivers and the O'line has been a-fucking-mazing. But he's done some stupid-ass shit too.
    Last edited by thelightningwill; 11-16-2013, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• SFW
      PB Official Game Thread Starter
      • Jul 2013
      • NY
      • USMC
      • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
      With the exception of Alexander's half year contribution, all that gets trumped by Woodhead and Fluker.
      Only wish they could have all played together.
      1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
      2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
      3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
      4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
      5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
      6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
      7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

With the exception of Alexander's half year contribution, all that gets trumped by Woodhead and Fluker.
        And Allen
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• thelightningwill
          Go Aztecs and Pads
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
          Only wish they could have all played together.
          Allen ain't chickenshit.
          Counting on Floyd and Alexander to play much this year was kind of like hoping my 9 high would win the World Series of Poker.
          Last edited by thelightningwill; 11-16-2013, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• SFW
            PB Official Game Thread Starter
            • Jul 2013
            • NY
            • USMC
            • Send PM

Allen ain't chickenshit.
            Counting on Floyd and Alexander to play much this year was kind of like hoping my 9 high would win the World Series of Poker.
            I agree but that still doesn't change what I wrote.
            1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
            2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
            3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
            4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
            5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
            6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
            7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• thelightningwill
              Go Aztecs and Pads
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
              I agree but that still doesn't change what I wrote.
              We'll have to agree to agree.

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Opera singer and web developer.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                What players were lost that made last years roster better?
                Please remind me: Is there a definition of different which means better? Clearly you seem to think so, but I wasn't aware of one.
                Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Send PM

How strongly do you suggest that? I'd prefer not to look at either. I thought we got rid of some defensive players who were better than whom we replaced them with this year. But significantly better? Probably not. On offense, I think we actually have better players than a year ago. Woodhead and Fluker are a zillion times better than Whoever and Clary. And the moments the King played this year were a big upgrade over last year as well.

I thought, just by the law of averages, that whomevier we hired as head coach this year would do better than Norv did last year.

Either I've greatly undervalued Turner as a head coach, or McCoy hasn't done that well yet. I'm not saying he won't do well or doesn't have the potential to do well, but I can't say, at 4-5, he's already met my expectations.

What he's done with Rivers and the O'line has been a-fucking-mazing. But he's done some stupid-ass shit too.
                  WTF? I thought it was just OIP pulling his usual shit, but you've done the same thing! Has moving to England made me forget the English language? I suggest that this year's roster is not the same as last year's roster, and both of you extract the concept of "better" out of it!

Yes, please take a very close look at the roster. I suggest that strongly. Because when I look at the two rosters, I see a lot of change, a lot of turnover. We cleared house, especially on the defense. This is not the same team as last year, period. As for which is better, we'll know at the end of the season. Personally, I'd rather have this one, but that's neither here nor there.
                  Adipose

Comment

• homeless simpson
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

WTF? I thought it was just OIP pulling his usual shit, but you've done the same thing! Has moving to England made me forget the English language? I suggest that this year's roster is not the same as last year's roster, and both of you extract the concept of "better" out of it!

Yes, please take a very close look at the roster. I suggest that strongly. Because when I look at the two rosters, I see a lot of change, a lot of turnover. We cleared house, especially on the defense. This is not the same team as last year, period. As for which is better, we'll know at the end of the season. Personally, I'd rather have this one, but that's neither here nor there.
                    the chargers had a lot of turnover on the offensive side of the roster from 2011-2012 too, so maybe they are not the same team as the previous year either. may i suggest you strongly look at that too while you are strongly suggesting things.

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                      the chargers had a lot of turnover on the offensive side of the roster from 2011-2012 too, so maybe they are not the same team as the previous year either. may i suggest you strongly look at that too while you are strongly suggesting things.
                      You're absolutely right, and I would never claim that the 2011 and 2012 teams were the same. No need to look strongly, because it's pretty fucking obvious. But then, I'm not that one that claimed that this year's roster is the same as last year's roster. May I present you with Exhibit A:

He was 7-9 with it last year. It's about the same.
                      So, I will continue to suggest strongly that anyone who things those two rosters are even remotely the same take a close, long look at them. It's pretty fucking obvious they're not the same.

I will also, based on some of your recent remarks, strongly suggest that you kindly pull your head out of your ass, thankyouverymuch. And after you've wiped that gooey brown stuff out of your eyes, if you still think thelightningwill is correct in saying that this year's roster is about the same as last year's roster, we'll then just have to agree to disagree.
                      Adipose

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Time to make this strong suggestions
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

• homeless simpson
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

You're absolutely right, and I would never claim that the 2011 and 2012 teams were the same. No need to look strongly, because it's pretty fucking obvious. But then, I'm not that one that claimed that this year's roster is the same as last year's roster. May I present you with Exhibit A:

So, I will continue to suggest strongly that anyone who things those two rosters are even remotely the same take a close, long look at them. It's pretty fucking obvious they're not the same.

I will also, based on some of your recent remarks, strongly suggest that you kindly pull your head out of your ass, thankyouverymuch. And after you've wiped that gooey brown stuff out of your eyes, if you still think thelightningwill is correct in saying that this year's roster is about the same as last year's roster, we'll then just have to agree to disagree.
                          may i strongly suggest you re-read lightningwill's original post where he never said the rosters are the same before you get your panties in a bunch:

While I agree with the anti-Acee sentiment and am not ready to tear down the coach, I can't say the team has exceeded my expectations. My expectations were that the Chargers would do better without Norv. So far, 4-5 is not better than Norv. It's about as Norv as it gets.
                          i thought it was pretty clear, he's just saying he was expecting a different result recordwise, or was that not very clear?

Comment

Working...
                          X