Clear All
  • Pointyearedog
    Humble Chargers Fan
    • May 2017
    • Golden Hill
    • Medical Devices Operations
    • Send PM

^ His own or somebody else's?
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

• Big Dog
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Pointyearedog View Post
      ^ His own or somebody else's?
      Good one, rep for that !!!

Comment

• floydefisher
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • siberiacuse, ny
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
        Next trivia, how many ribs has Rivers broken as a Charger?
        All of them?
        sigpic

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

I'll go with 8....1 for each of his children

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Since he never admitted injury, how do we guess? And it will be a guess lol. I only remember he said he was beat up and had a sore back.

Comment

Well lets see. He does wear protective vest. But I'm going with none, zero, zip. nada

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Rivers has looked hurt in the upper body too often to not have broken his ribs. Plus he's taken too many shots while trying to make plays.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

I'm not sure you could play with a broken rib. Bruised I think you could but broken? I don't know.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Craig440 View Post
                    I'm not sure you could play with a broken rib. Bruised I think you could but broken? I don't know.
                    I think it depends on which rib is broken. I'm currently nursing a broken rib..I actually tripped and fell hard on my right side. Anyways, I can do all the movements of a quarterback just fine - with relatively no pain - except for getting up from the ground. I can't stand to be face down flat on my tummy. It hurts like heck. Otherwise, I think I could handle QB duties. And I think Rivers could as well if he broke a rib higher up in his rib cage like I have. But I've also had one broken that was lower in my rib cage - from when my brother threw a lucky punch - and i couldn't comb my hair for six weeks! I could not raise my arm up over my head for over a month. That took place when I was a kid. So that's my history with broken ribs. Is it different for other folks? Can it be? I don't have a lot of meat on my ribs. Maybe that makes a difference...lol.
                    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Pointyearedog
                      Humble Chargers Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Golden Hill
                      • Medical Devices Operations
                      • Send PM

Dude played with a torn ACL, tough as nails...
                      "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

I currently have a broken rib (#9) from falling on my back while hiking. Except for one night full of back spasms while laying in bed, I've been able to handle the pain relatively easily. So with a pain shot and an external reinforcing vest of some sort, I think you could play a game 7 days after a break.

But I don't want to break another, that one night was really bad.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post

I think it depends on which rib is broken. I'm currently nursing a broken rib..I actually tripped and fell hard on my right side. Anyways, I can do all the movements of a quarterback just fine - with relatively no pain - except for getting up from the ground. I can't stand to be face down flat on my tummy. It hurts like heck. Otherwise, I think I could handle QB duties. And I think Rivers could as well if he broke a rib higher up in his rib cage like I have. But I've also had one broken that was lower in my rib cage - from when my brother threw a lucky punch - and i couldn't comb my hair for six weeks! I could not raise my arm up over my head for over a month. That took place when I was a kid. So that's my history with broken ribs. Is it different for other folks? Can it be? I don't have a lot of meat on my ribs. Maybe that makes a difference...lol.
                          Just wanted to say I got the rib injury locations switched. The one I have now is a low rib break and the one I had as a kid was a high rib...that one kept me from raising my arm above my head.
                          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

Working...
                          X