• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

They did. But they also had a starter that has a consistent history of injuries n-game, week 2 week and all through his football career.
    Yep. But we also have a new coach with little history as far as what he plans on doing with his roster. So i dont think anyone should be saying we will do this or that when it comes to who we keep or not. Because we really dont have anything to look back on other than our own teams history.

Based on the fact that Lynn struck a deal for a player he coached i have to think he has a very solid chance to be our back up. You have to develop a back up QB eventually. Imagine if we had to do that when we draft our QB of the future?

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

I love it...nothing against Clemens but Jones has some upside....how bout Stephen Rivers as our #3
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• chargerkdb
        chargerkdb commented
        Editing a comment
        Yikes.
    • Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
      I love it...nothing against Clemens but Jones has some upside....how bout Stephen Rivers as our #3
      NO NEPOTISM.....i only want a third that can contribute week 2 week in practice with something we do not have. Young R has no future in the nfl.

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Yep. But we also have a new coach with little history as far as what he plans on doing with his roster. So i dont think anyone should be saying we will do this or that when it comes to who we keep or not. Because we really dont have anything to look back on other than our own teams history.

Based on the fact that Lynn struck a deal for a player he coached i have to think he has a very solid chance to be our back up. You have to develop a back up QB eventually. Imagine if we had to do that when we draft our QB of the future?
        Woah woah woah. I never said WILL anything. I always project in pre season and off-season what I would do or what i believe we SHOULD do based on what i see. I never once said will. if i did, pls quote it back to me.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Woah woah woah. I never said WILL anything. I always project in pre season and off-season what I would do or what i believe we SHOULD do based on what i see. I never once said will. if i did, pls quote it back to me.
          Relax man. I wasnt quoting you. I was referring to a general vibe of this thread. Wont keep 3 QBs. Wont beat out Clemens. Just a camp arm etc. Nobody knows.

Comment

• chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Hotter than hell, Georgia
            • Send PM

I think we need to develop a QB I just can't see having Rivers/Jones as the only two on the roster. He only had 11 starts in college. If he was a high 1st with 36 college games under his belt I could see it. He is a conditional 7th rounder with talent but very little experience. I think if we had just those 2 on 53 man roster and Rivers got hurt we would absolutely be burning a pick to get someone experienced in the door. I think if we truly are high on him we will need to carry 3 QB's. If that is the case then Clemens is safe

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Who would you rather watch if Rivers goes down?

Watching Clemons is like watching something rust.

Watching Jones is like watching something burn.

Go for the burn, it's more entertaining.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                • Send PM

You'd be watching Gordon and platoon of RB's getting 50 carries a game and paying a whole lot of attention to college QB's that will be available at top of 18 draft. I suppose it would be exciting...next May.

Comment

• SDFan
                  SDFan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  seems about right
              • Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Play action with a 50 yard bomb to Benjamin. Bazinga.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  chargerkdb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Can't think of any opposing DB's named Benjamin. Will it be a pick 6? or more like a punt?
              • Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                I think we need to develop a QB I just can't see having Rivers/Jones as the only two on the roster. He only had 11 starts in college. If he was a high 1st with 36 college games under his belt I could see it. He is a conditional 7th rounder with talent but very little experience. I think if we had just those 2 on 53 man roster and Rivers got hurt we would absolutely be burning a pick to get someone experienced in the door. I think if we truly are high on him we will need to carry 3 QB's. If that is the case then Clemens is safe
                Like I said earlier, they can keep three QBs this year. Going to a 4-3 they don't need to keep as many LBs as they usually do.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                  Charger Fan till the end
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Carolina
                  • Send PM

I think we wnd up keeping 3 which is the norm in the NFL. Clemons is a backup and thats it. At the time we picked him up he looked decent with his subbing in and he had some success...but he is much older and was never a high ceiling guy. Jones has a higher ceiling but needs development and I believe Rivers is a great guy yo watch and learn from. Give Jones time and a good situation and he might just fix his issues....that wasnt going to happen in Buffalo IMO. Im good with the trade to improve our QB stable now let them compete and lets move on to see what we have here.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                    Who would you rather watch if Rivers goes down?

Watching Clemons is like watching something rust.

Watching Jones is like watching something burn.

Go for the burn, it's more entertaining.
                    Funny as hell man. "Like watching something rust....."

Comment

Working...
                    X