NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lamp carted off

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

I know there are similar guys to Mandelbaum who have worked with women's soccer programs, because the incidence of knee injuries is so high, and they too have been able to reduce the injury rate.

If i was a pro owner or coach, I would hire someone to get in contact with these groups and have them work with the strength and conditioning staff to incorporate as many of these new techniques in training to reduce any type of injury that can be reduced or minimized. There will always be injuries that cannot be avoided, but to the extent that they can be avoided could be a major competitive advantage for a team.

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      I know there are similar guys to Mandelbaum who have worked with women's soccer programs, because the incidence of knee injuries is so high, and they too have been able to reduce the injury rate.

If i was a pro owner or coach, I would hire someone to get in contact with these groups and have them work with the strength and conditioning staff to incorporate as many of these new techniques in training to reduce any type of injury that can be reduced or minimized. There will always be injuries that cannot be avoided, but to the extent that they can be avoided could be a major competitive advantage for a team.
      Or in the case of the Chargers who have been in the top 5 most injured teams in the last 4-5 years a major competitive disadvantage
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Broken Lamp already??? Why can't we have nice things?
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Big Dog
          Big Dog commented
          Editing a comment
          That is a really good one!!! Rep for that ...
      • blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Any rookie contributing this year = gravy. If the guys we've had can stay healthy, this is already an impressive team. We get Feeney and a couple of those DBs to show, that's awesome. I guess the one group needing rookie help is OL, but even the addition by subtraction should help, plus new coaches. Lamp and Mike out sucks, but we can win without them.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

So so it sounds like some of our guys are putting their legs in positions that overload their knees while cutting or accelerating.

But Mandelbaum also has spent nearly two decades studying how to prevent and reduce ACL injuries, a quest that began when he and other doctors saw a spike in knee injuries among female teenage athletes in Southern California. They realized that when the athletes were jumping, landing or decelerating, deficiencies in their hip caused the upper legs to turn in, excessive strain on the ACL.

In response, he developed the PEP program, which consists of warm-up and strengthening exercises, plyometrics and stretches in order to promote better posture and control.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

That makes so much sense it's scary. They should teach those PEP exercises and stretches in high school, junior high even.

Comment

Working...
            X