• Show
Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

singe Osgood to 1 year vet min contract. show the youngsters how it is done. the unit has been at rock bottom for 2 years.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

I hope he takes the money and retires. Get out while you still have your health.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Big Dog
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
          Stop and think for a moment about your workplace. Is there anybody there that takes the new people on and shows them the ropes ? teaches them all their tricks without holding anything back ?

and even lets them stay at their house, with their family when they first arrive in a new city and haven't found their own place yet ?

Tyrell Williams as an UDFA only makes the team because he could play gunner on special teams And he can only play gunner because Stuckey told him how. Joshua Perry says the same thing, Stuckey showed him all the tricks, yeah he probably makes the team anyway because he was drafted.

At some point Stuckey knows this day will come and one of those special teams players that he trained up will take his spot on the Chargers roster, but still he's willing to show them everything he knows.

Will your coworkers say such nice things about you when you leave the office that final time ?

Would you be willing to train the guy who's going to replace you and teach him all of your tricks so he can succeed like Stuckey did ?
          yes. multiple times in fact. I always evaluated people assigned to help with my projects and groomed those that showed interest and aptitude and kept it to myself until the timing was right to inform managers who was a capable replacement for me when I was gone. much as I would have liked it, I never got "replaced" and moved on to greener pastures on my own when it was time. At least 2 guys I trained up have/had long careers in the niche field I exposed them to. Yay.
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

This has me worried about the ST. I know most fans don't think ST is too important, but it is a quarter of the plays in the average game, and the averages per play are much higher than any other play.

Stuckey had a great season at S the 1st year McCoy was around. Couple big stops, and only one visible mistake vs the Bengals (they over threw the pass, so it didn't hurt us).

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              This has me worried about the ST. I know most fans don't think ST is too important, but it is a quarter of the plays in the average game, and the averages per play are much higher than any other play.

Stuckey had a great season at S the 1st year McCoy was around. Couple big stops, and only one visible mistake vs the Bengals (they over threw the pass, so it didn't hurt us).
              ST have been a nightmare the last couple of years, especially last year ( in all facets, return game, coverages, kicking game protections). New coach and new blood can not hurt IMO. No question he has been a very good gunner and a great team guy, but the ST units as a whole were brutal.

I think "great season" at S is a big stretch. 21 tackles, of which 16 were solo in 2013. His next season 2014 was his "career year" he had 27 of which 18 were solo, 2 pass def, and 1 TD. Ok emergency fill in, but I would never want to hitch my wagon to this horse as a S.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

I think with how well Boston has played in camp it could have sealed his fate. And the emergence of Trovon Reed and Mike Davis. I think Davis will end up being a stud on ST's. Id be surprised if Mager made the roster. Davis getting benched at BYU might have lit a fire. Hes still a logshot though. We have a lot of players who might have seen more playing time than an injured Stuckey.

​​​​​​Trovon Reed
                Trevor Williams
                Mike Davis
                Tre Boston
                Desmond King
                Casey Hayward
                Jason Verrett
                Rayshawn Jenkins
                Jahleel Addai
                Dex McCoil
                Dwight Lowery

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Trovon Reed appears to be our 3rd cb. I believe he converted from WR to CB for his senior year in college. So he's still young to the position. It speaks well for his athleticism.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Keep an eye on Trevor Williams. He might end up being the 3rd corner. He looked good as a rookie thrown into the fire last season. (And I do really like what. I saw of Reed late last season.)

Steve, I think given the head coach we have now was a career special teamer, he won't take it lightly even if fans do. I am pretty confident that if he thought the team should move on from Stuckey, it is the right call. And Lynn has already said in press conferences that the Chargers finished last in special teams the last couple years and he won't accept that because it is 1/3 of the game. Pretty sure they will improve. Among Davis, King, the safety they drafted, the FA LBs, Perry, etc I think someone will emerge to replace Stuckey. And the ST finished last even with Stuckey on the team. I really dont recall Stuckey getting injured in the last game but maybe it is something he is not coming back from?

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

We had a the worst ST coach ever last year. And McLoser just accepted it. I was tired of the opposing team overloading the defensive left side and blocking the ball. Do something to compensate you bunch of losers
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                      X