Clear All
  • Concudan
    Bhi craic agus ceol again
    Generous Donor
    • Jun 2017
    • Principal Quality Engineer
    • Send PM

Preseason Speculations

So if you have speculations... Post them.

I was just thinking... (Dont you roll your eyes at that!)... If Clemons can hit Benjamin for a 74 yard TD. What is Rivers going to do? Can you imagine Hunter/Gates/Gordon short, Benjamin/Allen long?

Would be nice to be the new greatest show on turf...
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Yeah i think our offense if we stay healthy may end up being ridiculous. Drafting Williams was a complete shock to me. Had to be based on injuries and the fact TW and DI are coming up on free agency. Was expecting speed on D.

This offense probably could line up without a RB every snap and be a nightmare. We have quite a few players that need help over the top for secondaries. Henry may be our best player on offense. He is that good.

If we can run block we are probably the highest scoring offense in the league this year. The fact we went down on our first drive and scored was one thing....it was the 8 minutes that spoke volumes. You keep the D off the field....and you have Verrett out there instead of Davis i doubt they even get 3.

I expect our starting units to be very good. And everyone that sucked in the 2nd half to get cut. Id start using guys like King, Harris and Onwualu with the 2's. I think they have made the team.

Rivers was one of 4 QBs to start off the preseason with a TD pass on his first drive. Nobody ate up 8 minutes. You protect Rivers...with these weapons?? Gordon at WR even? Crazy times ahead.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

IF our entire starting offense that played vs. Seattle remains healthy AND we learn to run block we are golden. But how likely is all of that? I want a run-blocking o-line in the worst fucking way. I love it when we run a lot. I know it's rare for us but it feels good to dominate at the LOS.

On defense the same thing. Of course we won't have Perryman for a while. Maybe the new UFA linebackers show us something. That would be huge for us if they could stuff the run at least.
      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Wussy View Post
        IF our entire starting offense that played vs. Seattle remains healthy AND we learn to run block we are golden. But how likely is all of that? I want a run-blocking o-line in the worst fucking way. I love it when we run a lot. I know it's rare for us but it feels good to dominate at the LOS.

On defense the same thing. Of course we won't have Perryman for a while. Maybe the new UFA linebackers show us something. That would be huge for us if they could stuff the run at least.
        I think we all want that in a line, especially our coach. With 3 new starters and 4 guys in new spots in total in takes some time and a lot of reps to gel. Fwiw, i think our line will become that type of line.
        Last edited by Panamamike; 08-16-2017, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I need to see much better play out of this team before I make any projections.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Rugger05
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I project 3 threads started before the end of the first half against the Donkeys

the subjects will be a range of the following;:

Lynn is in way over his head

Fuck you Dean

Shocking so so and so got hurt

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

rugger, i was thinking Lynn was in way over his head as I watched the Sunday Night massacre.
              For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Electric Blue
                Electric Blue commented
                Editing a comment
                IDK, it was the 'hawks, not the Detroit Lions.
            • Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Wussy View Post
              rugger, i was thinking Lynn was in way over his head as I watched the Sunday Night massacre.
              how so?

By the fact that our starters were leading? That we did not game plan at all, nor should we have for preseason game 1? Or by the 14 free pts literally given away by the vet backup QB and 21 off his 3 TOS?
              I saw nothing catastrophic. I did in fact see some things that needed work on, as one would expect after preseason game 1 with a new install on D etc. Things like, second and 3rd string OL, a very promising rookie undrafted CB that is in position but needs to play the ball, pursuit angles, and a third string QB (hopefully not for long as #2 has 0 to offer) that played on 2 weeks of familiarity in a new system and needs reps. OMG the sky is frickin' falling.

I get that u want to win preseason games; I am not sure why as they have 0 effect on the regular season, and 0 correlation with success. I want as many weaknesses to get exposed now, so they can be worked on and corrected before it counts. Mostly I want us to come out of the pre-season healthy. We have dropped a couple guys already, so I hope nothing more serious comes along.
              Last edited by Panamamike; 08-17-2017, 01:56 AM.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
                I project 3 threads started before the end of the first half against the Donkeys

the subjects will be a range of the following;:

Lynn is in way over his head

Fuck you Dean

Shocking so so and so got hurt
                I predict none of the above. I see a road win by more than a TD.

Comment

• Electric Blue
                  Electric Blue commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maybe I'm just a sucker -- I'd follow if they moved to Edmonton, Alberta.
              • RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

Denver offrnse i expect little of especialy with our starting cbs being a big strength even against their solid two receivers. I think they can have more positive plays on them than negative. They arent a deep throwing team with Semen throwing...he doesnt scare me.

Our offense can do damage quick so if we keep the peddle down we have good odds of purely outscoring them.

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Panamamike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Add in a new DC, some front 7 injuries on D = a solid road win to open the season IMO.
              • SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Speculate how the team will perform in all 3 phases after losing 2-3 more key starters to IR on both offense and defense by mid-season. The optimists around here say year after year "the injury thing can't POSSIBLY continue THIS year" and "we are due for a break on injuries"- but then the cycle repeats every single season. Just expect it to be the new normal. So, how will the team fare without say Slauson and TWill on offense and Ingram and Verret (again) on defense?
                Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                  Speculate how the team will perform in all 3 phases after losing 2-3 more key starters to IR on both offense and defense by mid-season. The optimists around here say year after year "the injury thing can't POSSIBLY continue THIS year" and "we are due for a break on injuries"- but then the cycle repeats every single season. Just expect it to be the new normal. So, how will the team fare without say Slauson and TWill on offense and Ingram and Verret (again) on defense?
                  I will cross that bridge when/if that becomes a reality.

speaking of reality..... I bet the chargers/packers to meet in the SB at 250:1

Comment

Working...
                  X