• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by rustybolt View Post
    All the Rams vs Charger game proved is that the Charger first string was better than the Ram second and third string. Goff with his starting oline were the only starters for the Rams that got any significant number of snaps.The Rams played their second and third string defenses during this game. It was almost as if this was done purposefully in an attempt to bolster attention for the Chargers. I've never seen a team that didn't play any of their starters on defense in a 3rd pre-season game. What was disturbing is how well the Rams ran with their backup RB against the Charger starting defense.

The fact that the Chargers were playing against the Ram backups the entire game, the score should have been a blowout. Once again the Charger reserves gave up 16 unanswered points. All this game showed me is that the Ram reserves are better than the Charger reserves.

I'm sorry but there was something more than odd about this game. It was as if it was intentionally setup to allow the Chargers to win. That's why I take nothing from this game. I think the Charger starters are very competitive, but I remain concerned about the depth behind them.
    Its preseason, you should take nothing from this game. And it was a blowout til we stuck our backups in. Our backup QBs stink, the OL stinks and the LBs arent very good. Wait, sorry....what was your point again?

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Its preseason, you should take nothing from this game. And it was a blowout til we stuck our backups in. Our backup QBs stink, the OL stinks and the LBs arent very good. Wait, sorry....what was your point again?
      The takeaway I have, just like every year for the past decade, is that Rivers is the single most important player on this team and we have zero chance without him. No team wins much with a backup QB, but the drop off between Rivers and any of our other QBs is just enormous.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The drop between Rivers and most starting QBs in the league is pretty steep.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          The drop between Rivers and most starting QBs in the league is pretty steep.
          Rivers was insane in exhibition play. This could be his best year ever.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• rustybolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2017
            • Send PM

Geez Boltjolt

1. The backur RB ran very well against the Charger starting defence. That should be a concern.
            2. The Charger starting offense was going up against a defense made up of reserve players, so yes it should have been a blowout.
            3. Once the Chargers starters went out, the Charger reserves were once again for the 3rd straight game outplayed. Those reserves constitute the depth of this team.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

The Rifleman was good. And I think he's still a backup.
              For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

Finally watched the game late last night.

Rivers is always great when he's healthy. That's why the o-line is such an important concern. I'm concerned about Wiggins/Feeney. The RG position is a weakspot. The team has had trouble with blitzes up the "A" gap for years. That's my biggest concern.

I thought Cardale Jones looked pretty good with the 1st line. That INT certainly wasn't on him. Yeah, he misses some throws, but boy can he sling it.

I'm having a tough time with the RB's after Oliver. Gordon/Oliver then who? Williams is OK, Farrow is OK (but hasn't played much, Barner hasn't impressed me much, I like Ekeler.
                -maybe keep Williams or Farrow (one of them has to go), and keep Ekeler on the PS for when someone gets hurt.

A couple of those young TE's don't look too bad. Culkin or McGrath could unseat Cumberland?

I love McCain, he's a lock. I think 58, Nigel Harris makes the team, better than Dzubnar and Perry. (Dzub is a good ST guy, though).

McCoil makes the team for Special Teams. I like Artavis Scott from Clemson.

"...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Geez Boltjolt

1. The backur RB ran very well against the Charger starting defence. That should be a concern.
                  2. The Charger starting offense was going up against a defense made up of reserve players, so yes it should have been a blowout.
                  3. Once the Chargers starters went out, the Charger reserves were once again for the 3rd straight game outplayed. Those reserves constitute the depth of this team.
                  Yeah so whats your point? This the third or forth time ive read this from you. Our LBs arent the greatest without Perryman. Weakest unit on the defense imo. They also were running a vanilla defense and they dont game plan for the other team in preseason. And that is probably the most important thing to get out of this so i dont know why you keep repeating yourself.

Just stop with your #2. Our starting offense went right down against Seattles starting defense so again....stop repeating yourself over nothing. If the OL stays healthy our offense is going to score a lot of points. Barksdale didnt play in that game either. Neither did Tyrell or Gates.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 08-29-2017, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Concudan
                  Bhi craic agus ceol again
                  Generous Donor
                  • Jun 2017
                  • Principal Quality Engineer
                  • Send PM

Geez Boltjolt

Sorry. Not sure I agree with your take.
                  Even looking at the stats, Brown did OK, not very well. He averaged 4.8 yards on 9 rushes. His first rush was for -2 yards. His second was for -3 yards. His first rush for positive yards was for 5. On their second possession he had a 13 yard run. He was then dropped for another loss, which was erased by a penalty. His day was very up and down. But for me the bottom line was that at the end of the half, the Chargers were dominating. So even if he averaged 8 yards a rush, he got them 0 points.

Ahhh... First team O did blow their D out. Did you watch the game. It was not even close until the second half when our scrubs took the field.

I agree our reserves and scrubs are not our starters... What is your point?

Comment

• foreigner
                    Tom Telesco is gone
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

Again... Rivers impressive, dominant, IMHO the best QB of the league (With the right OL in front of him...) again, If I were Telesco I would build a moving brick wall in front of Rivers, he is the only chance we have at winning a championship... Telesco has no clue tho.... bet against the world and the establishment. Do something extraordinary to win the extraordinary. Fuck the rest of the team and put all your money (effort, knowledge, organization) on the OL.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                      McCain
                      Might be a bit early to annoint him. I like him too, but he is doing his best work against 2nd/3rd stringers.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

For those who might care about such things, this game had pretty bad TV ratings for a nationally televised game. Prelims for the Mayweather-McGregor fight out drew the game, and was well below the other national games during the weekend.

There was not much interest in the NFL's battle of Los Angeles. Saturday's Chargers-Rams NFL preseason game earned a 1.4 rating and 2.2 million viewers on

Comment

Working...
                        X