• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Will be a good assessment of where this team is either way, W or L. Of course I think we win by three scores minimum.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

The defense scored 3 tds in exhibition play. If they keep that up, we'll win a lot of games.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        How can you win without a qb?
        Word is they are going to sign Osweiler. Hmmm, i guess your question still stands :biggrin:

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

The defense scored 3 tds in exhibition play. If they keep that up, we'll win a lot of games.
          And Rivers 3 drives 3 scores. So its not all negative. Im actually sort of hopeful.

Comment

• RTPbolt
            Charger Fan till the end
            • Jun 2013
            • North Carolina
            • Send PM

With 3 points given for home field the 3.5 pts given mean its basically an even game. Strength against strength in this game so it may really come down to a chess game of our O against a tough D. We go for a quick passing game to keep Miller off Rivers and Allen getting the ball and we can make progress. Last win in Denver was probably the last time Allen was in the game as a rookie and he was huge. We may have to lean on our pass game...I expect our run blocking wont be great so go with the tough matchup with our pass catching mismatches. Hit TB and Henry....there has to be good 1 on 1 matchups with our weapons available. I dont think they can shut diwn Allen either...he ia a beast.

The D of ours against their O...complete unknowns on both sides. Our great corners against their good WRs but it comes down to our pass rush against a questionable OL to force Semen into bad situations. We have a legit shot with our playmakers. I dont expect miracles but we have seemed to be able to manage turnovers in preseason. We are healthy less the Perryman and I like a lot about the D on paper.

Special teams is hard to read from preseason play with so many players gone from the cut. New coaches and players. Glad Barner is out...he was a muff punt and fumble machine. Will see what we got there.

Should be a tight game. We cant expect miracles from our offense against that defense. They do have more injuries than us for starters though. Take what they give and go for some big shots downfield.

Monday night opening game in Denver....10 pm start for me...looking forward to seeing what we can do. Lets make waves.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I am confident in a minimum 2 score margin of victory for us. Limit big plays on the ground, dumb penalties and good ST and we roll.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

If I was Denver, I'd focus on running the ball and protecting the qb from mistakes.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Siemes has a high qbr when he gets the ball out in 2.6 seconds or less. He have terrible cbr when he holds the ball longer. We need to play eight in the box press man outside imo and force him to hold the ball and face our pass rush.
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

If I was Denver, I'd focus on running the ball and protecting the qb from mistakes.
                    I fully expect this. If we avoid dumb turnovers on O and can slow their run down, I really like our chances if their QB has to try and win the game.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

So browsing around the Bronco forum, their fans see this as a pretty easy win for them...

Comment

• blueman
                        blueman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Perfect.
                    • Rugger05
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I fully expect this. If we avoid dumb turnovers on O and can slow their run down, I really like our chances if their QB has to try and win the game.
                      Run D is the one concern I have on this team. I think the Chargers O can move the ball on anyone and our pass rush it the best it's been in a long time.

I just worry about the 10 minute drives sucking the life out of the D. I do like the Chargers depth on the DL, LB depth sucks and DB depth is decent. Keep the DL fresh and I think they will be alright.

Looking through my offshore account I apparently bet $300 at Chargers +3.5, that on top of another $200 I bet earlier. I will probably add more on the ML shortly

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

We are healthy. For one game, I see us at an advantage. I can see us holding them to 3 even as Rivers makes his magic to win.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                        X