Week 3 Chiefs Vs Chargers GDT

Discuss.
  • Concudan
    Bhi craic agus ceol again
    Generous Donor
    • Jun 2017
    • Principal Quality Engineer
    • Send PM

SO favored by 6... 3 points to the Chargers for home field advantage...

Do the Chargers still get home field advantage?

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Concudan View Post
      SO favored by 6... 3 points to the Chargers for home field advantage...

Do the Chargers still get home field advantage?
      The fans will probably be split 50-50, but they do have to travel to a different time zone and stay in a hotel so that factors in I'm sure.

Comment

• Concudan
        Generous Donor
        • Jun 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The fans will probably be split 50-50, but they do have to travel to a different time zone and stay in a hotel so that factors in I'm sure.
        Dear lord! The other team is not staying at a Holiday Inn are they?!

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

If the running struggles continue, they will roll

Hill and Hunt are crazy athletic and fast.

going to have to try to keep em off the field.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Concudan
            Generous Donor
            • Jun 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
            If the running struggles continue, they will roll

Hill and Hunt are crazy athletic and fast.

going to have to try to keep em off the field.
            The problem will be the pass coverage. The rush D has arguably been good. I believe they are currently ranked 7th overall. The pass D is the problem, we will have to drop more LBs back into coverage and that will open up the run.

For the Chargers they HAVE to get the 31st ranked rushing attack going. We cant continue to hope the pass does the job. We might need the pass to set up the run, but that will take passes that are longer than 3 yards...

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Looking forward to seeing our LBs continue to cover WRs.

Comment

• Concudan
                Generous Donor
                • Jun 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                Looking forward to seeing our LBs continue to cover WRs.

That is a key element to the 4-3. The Inside LBs are supposed to be able to cover...

Comment

• Concudan
                  Concudan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They are going to have to move someone around. Brown was supposed to be able to cover... But so far out LBs in coverage has been turrrible...

• OhioBolt
                  OhioBolt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah I hear you concerning Brown our best cover LB, but he shouldn't be covering Wide Receivers as often as he has, and we have guys like Pullard covering Wide Receivers which we should never ever let happen. Gus Bradley needs to rethink his scheme he's not in Seattle no more

• Concudan
                  Concudan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I dont like to see it as often, but LBs are expected to cover in a 4-3. Clearly we do not have the right ILBs for the scheme. The LBs coverage is one of the reasons I do not put all the blame for losses on Ho.
              • Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Landry only got about 6 ypc. But it was continuously enough for 1st downs. Cutler got the ball and got it out of his hands immediately. Expect that for the rest of the year to defeat our pass rush. I suspect we'll have to rush 3 and drop 8 to stop that.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                  SLAM DUNK!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • East County San Diego
                  • Bolt fanatic
                  • Send PM

Have to win this game.

We win it and we are right back in this thing.

It's going to be tough but these guys have to put it together sometime...they beat Atl on the road last year.

They need to stop the bleeding now or the season is continuing down the disaster trajectory.
                  migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

It's going to be a really tough game for us. They have two good wins under their belt against the Patriots and Eagles. Alex Smith is playing to an elite level, which is something you wouldn't normally expect to say. Their new running back looks like he's going to be a star. Defensively they have started well and got pressure on their opposition QBs and got turnovers as well, though they have conceded a decent amount of yards it's just their opposition hasn't been able to take full advantage of that. If we can come away from this game with a victory I'd be very happy because currently the Chiefs are looking like a Super Bowl contender.

Would another loss kill our season? Possibly because the AFC West is looking strong. The Chiefs are looking like a Super Bowl, the Broncos are playing good football, and the Raiders have started well. Another loss and the Chiefs go to 3-0, wins for the Broncos and Raiders (both of which are very possible against the Bills and Redskins) and it could be season over. It is possible to still turn things around because we have seen teams collapse from strong starts before due to injuries and/or poor play, but do I see all three of these teams falling apart? No. Plus, this is ignoring the other divisions putting out a wildcard contender. The Baltimore Ravens defense is back playing to a high level and their offense is doing its job, and out east the Dolphins will fancy their chances of being a play off contender again and the Patriots are still the favorite for the AFC east. After three weeks I shouldn't really be saying this, but I think this week's game against the Chiefs is a must win game because an 0-3 start would be tough to comeback from, though not unheard of.

Comment

• Concudan
                      Generous Donor
                      • Jun 2017
                      • Send PM

This is a game that I think the Chargers can win.
                      Partly because I think the Chiefs might be looking past the Chargers... But mainly because I am a homer...
                      Homerism aside. The Chargers have to put a game together. They are going to be focused. They are going to want to prove something to themselves, the league, the fans, the media and to LA.
                      This is as close to a must win game as they can have in the third week of the season.

Comment

Working...
                      X