Clear All
  • SFW
    PB Official Game Thread Starter
    • Jul 2013
    • NY
    • USMC
    • Send PM

The Chargers WILL WIN vs Chiefs Game Day Thread:

My turn. Go Chargers......beat the Chiefs.
    1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
    2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
    3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
    4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
    5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
    6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
    7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I sure hope so. A four game losing streak under the new regime would certainly undermine some of the positive I'm feeling about them. Winning in KC this time of year is awfully tough.

Comment

• SteveInCbad
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

I hate to say this, but I think the only thing that stands between this team and a 4-12 record is the Giants and Raiders. With our makeshift offense line, other than those two games, the others should be easy losses.

They will probably once again beat the Raiders though in a meaningless game just to screw up their chances of getting the player they need in next year's draft

As for today ? On the road vs KC with a rookie at LT that should be playing RT and Clary at RT......Yikes !

Comment

• SFW
        PB Official Game Thread Starter
        • Jul 2013
        • NY
        • USMC
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SteveInCbad View Post
        I hate to say this, but I think the only thing that stands between this team and a 4-12 record is the Giants and Raiders. With our makeshift offense line, other than those two games, the others should be easy losses.

They will probably once again beat the Raiders though in a meaningless game just to screw up their chances of getting the player they need in next year's draft

As for today ? On the road vs KC with a rookie at LT that should be playing RT and Clary at RT......Yikes !
        I look at the rest of the season as a win-win situation. Every time they win a game it is always a good thing but for each game they lose it just moves them one step closer to a better draft pick/position. I don't get too high from the wins nor do I get too down from the losses. This season is all about just sitting back, enjoying watching the Chargers play each week and looking forward to the future.
        1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
        2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
        3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
        4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
        5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
        6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
        7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• SteveInCbad
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
          I look at the rest of the season as a win-win situation. Every time they win a game it is always a good thing but for each game they lose it just moves them one step closer to a better draft pick/position. I don't get too high from the wins nor do I get too down from the losses. This season is all about just sitting back, enjoying watching the Chargers play each week and looking forward to the future.
          Agreed on all your points. I'm watching too, looking for growth of key players and hopefully see guys like Teo and Ladarius Green keep improving.

Comment

This team will win just enough games to keep up out of the top 5 draft picks. At this point i just hope we dont get injured, and people improve through playing time and the coaches knock the rust off.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

I don't get too high from the wins, but I sure do bottom out on the losses. Something is out of balance here. A win today would be great, but KC at KC is tough even when we were good.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

On any given Sunday...

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Dammit.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Just a thought, but KC has feasted on backup qb's all year. Not today.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

:notdeadyet:
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Screeme
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

KC in KC is oging to be a tall order. I think we all got a little overly excited at our record, and our "perceived" could have been, if only for one or two plays record.

But the truth is, the patchwork O-Line, WR injuries and defensive injuries have really caught up to us, and we just don't have the secondary to compete. Something I read on (I think Grantland) that is proving to be true.. we seem to be quality enough to compete, but don't have the defense to really hang on to leads and put teams away.

I said after the Indy win, no more this season will I say that this team isn't good enough to beat any team they face. But if we win this game, I'll be very surprised. I suspect we'll keep it within shouting distance, but I think this game is as close to unwinnable as it gets.

Comment

Working...
                        X