Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Congratz Chargers great game.

Rapid Reaction: San Diego Chargers

By Eric D. Williams | November 24, 2013 5:48:56 PM PST

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A few thoughts on the San Diego Chargers' 41-38 win over the Kansas City Chiefs.

What it means: The Chargers halt a three-game losing streak and remain in the AFC wild-card conversation by defeating Kansas City. At 5-6 overall, the Chargers also earned their first AFC West win this season.

Ajirotutu comes up big: A special-teams standout rarely used on offense, receiver Seyi Ajirotutu made the game-changing play for San Diego, reeling in a Philip Rivers 26-yard pass for a touchdown with 24 seconds left for the winning score.

Stock watch: Rivers finished 27-for-39 for 392 yards and three touchdowns, including an 11-yard touchdown to Danny Woodhead, a 60-yard score to Ladarius Green and the winning touchdown reception to Aijirotutu. With the three touchdown passes, Rivers became the sixth quarterback in NFL history to throw 20 touchdowns passes in eight straight seasons, joining Peyton Manning (13 years), Brett Favre (12), Drew Brees (10), Dan Marino (10) and Eli Manning (8).

Stock watch, Part 2: San Diego's young receivers continue to blossom. Green, in his third year, finished with three receptions for a career-high 80 yards, including his first touchdown. And Keenan Allen continues to show why he's one of the best rookie receivers in the league, totaling nine catches for 124 yards.

Gates reaches milestone: With three receptions for 21 yards, Antonio Gates reached 700 career receptions. Gates also topped 9,000 receiving yards for his career, reaching that mark in fewer games (158) than any tight end in NFL history.

What's next: The Chargers return home to face AFC North leader Cincinnati on Sunday at Qualcomm Stadium.
    Go Rivers!
  • SFW
    PB Official Game Thread Starter
    • Jul 2013
    • NY
    • USMC
    • Send PM

Awesome game to watch. I love watching the resurgence of Rivers along with the rising possible future stars of Allen and Green. And what Woodhead brings to the team is simply awesome to watch every week.
    1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
    2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
    3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
    4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
    5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
    6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
    7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I cant wait to watch the game later in its entirety . Except for that 2nd to last drive on offense
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
        I cant wait to watch the game later in its.
        entirety . Except for that 2nd to last drive on offense
        Woodhead made the only block I noticed he needed to make.

Comment

• thelightningwill
          Go Aztecs and Pads
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

What a great fucking win.

Comment

• RobH
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Tokyo, Japan
            • University English Lecturer
            • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
            Woodhead made the only block I noticed he needed to make.
            Actually he made three that I saw. He did his usual nice job, and was especially impressive on the last drive.

Comment

• thelightningwill
              Go Aztecs and Pads
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
              Actually he made three that I saw. He did his
              usual nice job, and was especially impressive on the last drive.
              I guess I only notice when he fucks up. Either way he rules. Go Shaggy.

Comment

• RobH
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Tokyo, Japan
                • University English Lecturer
                • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                I guess I only notice when he fucks up. Either way he rules. Go Shaggy.
                You're not the only one. It's like an OL giving up a sack. We tend notice that and not the other 50 plays that he dominated his opponent. That's the nature of perception. And I agree Woodhead rules, and so does Rivers.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

This was a great win, and especially the way it happened. Such a boost for Rivers and the Chargers to show they can win on the last drive, on the road (in probably the toughest stadium out there, with great, great fans who really know football -- hard to dislike Chiefs fans, even though I try) against a heavily favored team, with key injuries on offense (Mathews, Royal, Dunlap + the IR guys). To be honest, I was actually glad when the Chiefs scored the TD and made it a four point game because I didn't want this coming down to a 50yard Novak field goal attempt. I wanted the Chargers to have to score the TD.

Big morale boost for the team to build confidence in McCoy and the coaches. Even if this year doesn't pan out, they will need that next year.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

UTKevinAcee ‏@UTKevinAcee 2h
                    Still a tough road ahead, but these confounding Chargers are 4-1 against teams with a winning record.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Kevins confounded becuase he is not sure if we are well coached or good...
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• UtahBolt
                        Did we win?
                        • Jun 2013
                        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                        • Send PM

Great win! Sadly, I think we will be looking back at the Tennessee and Washington losses and thinking what could have been.

I linger on those two losses because they sting the worst. We let Jake freaking Locker go 90+ yards on us to win and of course the "6 inch" limpness that was the end of the Washington game.
                        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

Working...
                        X