What to do with these players next season?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Rivers said Tutu can play all the positions, or run all the routes, words to that effect. If VB can't, it's a no brainer.

Comment

• thelightningwill
      Go Aztecs and Pads
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      Rivers said Tutu can play all the positions, or run all the routes, words to that effect. If VB can't, it's a no brainer.
      Tutu at left tackle.

Comment

• Viejo Bolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

You do whatever it takes to get DX signed and back on the field. You guys wanting not to bring him back.....are you crazy? If you went to camp at all last summer you would have seen that Alexander was better than all the other WRs put together. Now that Allen has emerged, they would be quite the duo.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Viejo Bolt View Post
          You do whatever it takes to get DX signed and back on the field. You guys wanting not to bring him back.....are you crazy? If you went to camp at all last summer you would have seen that Alexander was better than all the other WRs put together. Now that Allen has emerged, they would be quite the duo.
          I don't think anyone doesn't want Alexander back (double negative), but do you keep him and lose Royal, Brown, or Tutu? Nobody doubts his talent, but he's even worse than Floyd in being able to stay healthy. Which is a pretty telling statement.

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            I don't think anyone doesn't want Alexander back (double negative), but do you keep him and lose Royal, Brown, or Tutu? Nobody doubts his talent, but he's even worse than Floyd in being able to stay healthy. Which is a pretty telling statement.
            Royal could be a cap cut. Tutu is a nice story but he doesn't compare to the ability of DX. Brown may not even make the team next year if he doesn't improve. If he's healthy, I think he makes the team.

Comment

• Panama
              パナマ
              • Aug 2013
              • London
              • Opera singer and web developer.
              • Send PM

But we wouldn't. It's not an either/or. We have cap room next year, even with the Gaither/Meachem money still on the books. And we only have 4 signed WRs next year (Floyd, Allen, Brown, Royal). Both DX and Tutu will be cheap to re-sign, and I believe both would be happy for the opportunity to prove themselves in San Diego. IMO, it's as close to a no-brainer (like letting English walk away) as you get in the NFL!
              Adipose

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Question do both DX and Floyd come back? Talent is not the question but, being injury proned is the big question, I don't know if you risk bringing back both and have the potential risk of loosing one at the risk of have or letting a roster postion being cut one of these player who never played a complete season in their career.

Worse case senario we keep both and cut a Wes Welker type , and one of the the two goes down early in the season.

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                  Question do both DX and Floyd come back? Talent is not the question but, being injury prone is the big question, I don't know if you risk bringing back both and have the potential risk of losing one at the risk of have or letting a roster position being cut one of these player who never played a complete season in their career.

Worse case scenario we keep both and cut a Wes Welker type , and one of the the two goes down early in the season.
                  That is my concern, as well. And I can easily see us drafting a late-round WR/KR, so then what do you do? You keep Floyd/Alexander and, IF BOTH REMAIN HEALTHY, that's the best-case scenario, of course. But there is so much risk with BOTH guys, it seems like almost too big a risk to me.

I guess there's no harm in bringing everyone into camp and let them fight it out (and see who can stay healthy...if they can). Who knows? Keenan Allen - God forbid! - could go down, as unlucky as we are.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

That is my concern, as well. And I can easily see us drafting a late-round WR/KR, so then what do you do? You keep Floyd/Alexander and, IF BOTH REMAIN HEALTHY, that's the best-case scenario, of course. But there is so much risk with BOTH guys, it seems like almost too big a risk to me.

I guess there's no harm in bringing everyone into camp and let them fight it out (and see who can stay healthy...if they can). Who knows? Keenan Allen - God forbid! - could go down, as unlucky as we are.

True that, can we have some good fortune in health for one season? I mean every team has injuries, but has there been any team hit more harder than us in the last 4 seasons? I know Pittsburg, New England, Denver and Miami have been hit hard by injuries this year, but looking over the last 4 years we have had major injuries Dielman, McNiell, Gaither (Faker), Matthews, Floyd, Butler, DX, and since the Dielman & McNiell years we never have had a consistent offensive line starting someone was always going down.
                    Last edited by OhioBolt; 11-28-2013, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Agree with injury risk concern - that's why I'm down on VB, not like he can step in and be an effective #1 or #2 at this level, based on his career to date. Am I missing something, anybody seeing something else from him other than meh?

Comment

Working...
                      X