Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

You expect us to believe you actually watch the games?
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

Rivers needs to man up and leave his family on the side for a little bit. Just a little bit. Oh yeah and Spanos should sell team. (And the new owner get a new GM since Telesco has no clue...)

And the season was over before it even started (playoff speaking) this is a rebuilding team.. in today's world we want everything NOW. Wait for next season, Im saying it right now, wait for next season.
        Last edited by foreigner; 11-13-2017, 05:49 AM.

Comment

• RollingThunder
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Did they have a choice? The catalyst for all the blunders was that delay of game penalty on the play just before the fumble by Ekeler. That was all on Rivers and started everything that led to the shitshow.

If you can't have confidence in your leader to even get a simple play off in time in pressure situations, how can you expect everyone else not to choke. People follow leaders for a reason and when your leader is making stupid plays others will follow. Rivers himself set that tone.

The coaches were validated in their decision to turtle up by that last Rivers int.

Take the blinders off man.
          Last edited by RollingThunder; 11-13-2017, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• bonehead
            bonehead commented
            Editing a comment
            If the sideline isn’t get that play in on time it ain’t on Rivers and that happens a lot, I’ve seen a frustrated Rivers motioning to the coaches many times ivernhe years
        • richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

Did they have a choice? The catalyst for all the blunders was that delay of game penalty on the play just before the fumble by Ekeler. That was all on Rivers and started everything that led to the shitshow.

If you can't have confidence in your leader to even get a simple play off in time in pressure situations, how can you expect everyone else not to choke. People follow leaders for a reason and when your leader is making stupid plays others will follow. Rivers himself set that tone.

The coaches were validated in their decision to turtle up by that last Rivers int.

Take the blinders off man.
          Don't agree. The coaches turtled up in the second half of the 4th quarter. In the last 4 drives (not including the kneel down at the end of regulation) we had the ball 4 times, ran the ball 11 times, passed it once. We got one first down in the 4 drives. That is the epitome of turtling up and playing not to lose.

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

There are Rivers supporters that will not see him for who he is, look he is an older QB who has taken a beaten over the past years because of the O-line and believe it or not this line he has now is better than what he has had in the past. Rivers is no different from Eli Manning at this point both guys are statues and they aren't athletic, and they lose there composure under pressure in the pocket, a lot of this is related to being hit so much in the pocket in the past. Brady is not much more mobile than Rivers or Eli, but he will side step pressure, and Brady has not taken nowhere the beaten Rivers and Eli have taken in there career.

If the logic is Rivers is keeping us in the games then why can't he win us the game, truth is even though our D falters through the course of the games, they have kept us in most of the games and even given it back to the offense to win.

We can say the D let us down with penalties in the end, but if Rivers doesn't throw the INT I like our chances punting and relying on the D.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
              There are Rivers supporters that will not see him for who he is, look he is an older QB who has taken a beaten over the past years because of the O-line and believe it or not this line he has now is better than what he has had in the past. Rivers is no different from Eli Manning at this point both guys are statues and they aren't athletic, and they lose there composure under pressure in the pocket, a lot of this is related to being hit so much in the pocket in the past. Brady is not much more mobile than Rivers or Eli, but he will side step pressure, and Brady has not taken nowhere the beaten Rivers and Eli have taken in there career.

If the logic is Rivers is keeping us in the games then why can't he win us the game, truth is even though our D falters through the course of the games, they have kept us in most of the games and even given it back to the offense to win.

We can say the D let us down with penalties in the end, but if Rivers doesn't throw the INT I like our chances punting and relying on the D.
              I see Rivers for exactly what he is - a good to very good QB nearing the end. We have known about his weaknesses for his entire career and I do not think there is much of a difference in him from now and 10 years ago. You can certainly question the decision to try that pass to Benjamin, but a large number of receivers in the league catch that pass, some would knock it down, but he did neither and it was intercepted. Brady is obviously the closest comparison currently playing that is close to Rivers in lack of mobility. But look at who Brady's coach has been his entire career and look at who Rivers has been stuck with. You think the Pats turtle up and run 11 out of 12 plays at the end of the game when the running game isn't working? Me neither. Brady is obviously in a different category than any other QB who ever played, aside from maybe Montana and Rivers isn't Brady. I just look at the games and see so many other areas that are affecting the outcome than the QB position. He has made mistakes, no doubt. But the rest of the team makes many, many more than he does. Focusing on him as the reason we lose is puzzling to me.

Comment

• bonehead
                Undrafted
                • Jul 2013
                • TBD
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I see Rivers for exactly what he is - a good to very good QB nearing the end. We have known about his weaknesses for his entire career and I do not think there is much of a difference in him from now and 10 years ago. You can certainly question the decision to try that pass to Benjamin, but a large number of receivers in the league catch that pass, some would knock it down, but he did neither and it was intercepted. Brady is obviously the closest comparison currently playing that is close to Rivers in lack of mobility. But look at who Brady's coach has been his entire career and look at who Rivers has been stuck with. You think the Pats turtle up and run 11 out of 12 plays at the end of the game when the running game isn't working? Me neither. Brady is obviously in a different category than any other QB who ever played, aside from maybe Montana and Rivers isn't Brady. I just look at the games and see so many other areas that are affecting the outcome than the QB position. He has made mistakes, no doubt. But the rest of the team makes many, many more than he does. Focusing on him as the reason we lose is puzzling to me.
                Agreed
                Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Not The reason, but a reason.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

What Reason other than the obvious of winning games will cause us to have a successful season in 2018 since this season is over?

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• BoltBacker
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Las Vegas, NV
                        • Send PM

He is at the point of his career where he needs good protection to be good, I don't see us providing that for this season or next.

Comment

Working...
                        X