• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Perhaps the change we needed on O was for Lynn to take a step back...whatever he and Rivers had words about on the sidelines, it worked!

Comment

• whookimane
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      We sorta have a buncha threads about various things, thought maybe one thread might be a good place for the changes we think we need. For me:

1. New OC. Don't have faith in Whiz anymore, like to see Lynn hire who he wants for that.

2. A center. Draft the best one we can cuz that's the only way to get one.

3. Bring in, via FA or draft, a new starting RB. Gordon is so done.

4. I think Rivers is also done after this season, one way or the other, sad as that is. See what we have in Jones or draft/bring in a new starting QB. A Brees-like QB sounds good to me (yes, you heard that right!).

Change has already started this season, I'm expecting to see a lot more next season. Crushing how close - again! - we are in games we lose, gotta swing that the other way somehow (and I like what Lynn is saying, think it's what's needed right now and is building a foundation for the future).
      The offense needs to be fixed. Whiz needs to go and Rivers needs to go. This team is a pretty young team and would be nice to have a young athletic qb who can improvise and make plays and grow with the team. Rivers is past his prime and struggles if his protection is not perfect so I dont like his fit going forward

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard Charger View Post
        No one has mentioned it yet (I didn't read the whole thread), but I would really like to see a new owner! Before Jones bought the Dallas Cowboys, he was trying to buy the Chargers. How would the Chargers be setting right now if JJ, bought them instead of the Spanos crew? We need a committed front office starting with new ownership! This team needs direction and a plan to build on, with coaches that can focus on the fundamentals of the game, (tackling, game management and discipline would be a nice start).

I know this is probably out of the question, but I can wish, and the question was "What changes do you want?" That IS what I want!

HC
        Well he would be our GM so i dont think much of it. Probably have a new stadium but i doubt it would be in SD. I hate the Spanos clan but i dont think having Jera Jones as the owner would of made anyone happier. But i am badly wanting a new ownership for the Chargers right now.

I still think we need better OL players too. Lamp will help, Feeny gets a year under hid belt which knocks Wiggins out of the starting lineup and im not sure about Pulley. Think we need a OC and a RT....whether that is Lamp, so either RT or RG. Need to draft Mebanes replacement and perhaps Luiget. Would like to see an upgrade at LB over Emannual, though against the Cowboys i think they did play Perryman at his spot and Pullard at MLB...which an upgrade can be used there at MLB as well over Pullard.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-25-2017, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

I think getting new owners is on every chargers wishlist. As much as I despise Jerry Jones one thing you can't deny is he loves winning and he don't mind spending the money to do that. But I don't know if Jerry Jones was the owner of the Chargers that things would be much different. Ok as much as I hate to say it and I know im gonna get a lot of flack for this but when you constantly have more fans of the opposing team at your own stadium they were a huge reason why the chargers left San Diego. Now don't get me wrong there was some very hardcore fans of the team in San Diego but no team in any sport should be out numbered by the other teams fans in there own Stadium. Now on the flip side of that Dean Spanos imo is the worst owner in all of sports. The fact is he could'nt wait to leave San Diego for Los Angeles and thought he would be welcome with open arms, well anyone watching the games knows this is'nt true.
          Are you aware there used to be annual waiting lists for Chargers season tickets in the not-so-distant-past (including most the AJ Smith era)? And you've seen the opposing fans STILL outnumbering those in Chargers colors AFTER the move to LA. All the while they never had much of a south of the border fanbase despite no competition- and claimed they OWNED the vacant LA market before the move! lol. What does that tell you? Think incompetent/clueless marketing as a starting point and who runs it during each period.
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

We can wish all we want for the Spanos to sell the team, but the NFL will never make them sell, and they won't do that on their own. It's not like they are the old Browns, with Art Modell losing money year after year. You have to be a pretty poor businessman to lose money as an NFL franchise owner. And short of that, I don't see how they leave. I know we all want it, but it is a little like when my daughters were 2 and 4, and kept asking for a pony in the backyard. It may be what you want, but it is not going to happen.

Comment

• OhioBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

The defense is trending up we need a run stopping DT, and a Safety who can play safety Boston is not to be trusted and I guess you can live with Adaee if we get a good free safety and this D will be top 5.

On offense a center, and a future OT, Okung has been good, Barksdale so inconsistent, and a replacement for QB for Rivers hopeful 3rd round someone falls not an advocate of using our 1st or 2nd round on a QB, if we are close to competing for a title the following season.

Right now the team is playing good outside special teams. Next year get Lamp back, hopefully a healthy Mike Williams and we shore up our positions of need stated above.

Comment

• BoltBacker
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Las Vegas, NV
                • Send PM

Center
                Runstuffer DT/NG to replace Liuget.
                Speed linebacker to replace Emmanuel.
                Safety only if there is a good one.
                Still like the Best available player philosophy with the possibility of trading down when there are bad fits at BAP.

NO MORE FIRST ROUND RB OR WR. Ban Telesco in the first round and then give him the rest of the draft.
                That being said a 4th or 5th on a RB to compliment would be good. Gordon not as bad as many like to say. He is actually a decent receiver coming out of the backfield.

I liked Mike Williams but just never understood the pick and still don't. If you could ask Rivers privately I'd bet money he would say give me pass protection and I will make average receivers look great.
                Last edited by BoltBacker; 11-26-2017, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Comment

• SDFan
                    Woober Goober
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Dolores, CO
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
                    Center
                    Runstuffer DT/NG to replace Liuget.
                    Speed linebacker to replace Emmanuel.
                    Safety only if there is a good one.
                    Still like the Best available player philosophy with the possibility of trading down when there are bad fits at BAP.

NO MORE FIRST ROUND RB OR WR. Ban Telesco in the first round and then give him the rest of the draft.
                    That being said a 4th or 5th on a RB to compliment would be good. Gordon not as bad as many like to say. He is actually a decent receiver coming out of the backfield.

I liked Mike Williams but just never understood the pick and still don't. If you could ask Rivers privately I'd bet money he would say give me great pass protection and I will make average receivers look great.
                    remember when Alex used to make Beathard trade away his 1st round picks because he didn't think they were worth the big guaranteed contract without ever playing a snap in the NFL? He still ended up drafting guys like Natrone Means in the 2nd, and traded lower picks for guys like Humphries and Martin- but rarely got much for those future 1st round picks since it was always telegraphed they were looking to trade them. Maybe an updated/smarter use of that philosophy could be tried for a couple drafts...
                    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                    X