• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

It's worth remebering that Dallas has played pretty well at times on D. They have given up a lot of yards at times, but then have played really well at others. Their run D is a little up and down, but when they have 3 LB healthy, they are solid.

If you watch teams who struggle running, it is often because the RB is not making their cuts with confidence and aggression. AS the game went on, as Gordon got going, he was playing like a different back. The OL started getting going too. But the both Gordon and OL improved late more than either of the component parts.

That being said, neither is there yet. This OL has had 2 games of solid pass protection. They are not a good group of run blockers Gordon did leave a lot of yards on the field. If we can put together a couple of other good games, that may change, but it hasn't yet.

Comment

• blueman
      blueman commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, Gordon had a couple runs late made me think, Where was that guy in the first 3 quarters?
  • vinabolt
    Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
    • Feb 2015
    • Send PM

Yeah, both of them not there yet, the RBs and the OL haven't in sync with each other and haven't really trust each other yet. Trust between the two is the main base of a good running game, consistent running game. Also, I think both of them are slow with the new installment from Lynn, yet continue with the same Whiz offense. Lynn and Whiz came from different background and had never working with each other before. They're just not really comfortable right now.
    Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Tijuana
      • Send PM

The middle of the line is comprised of rookies and young players in their first year as a unit, Lamp will come back next year and with one more year of experience I think they'll be fine, although I wouldn't mind drafting a OL in round 3 (ROT if Lamps stays inside or OG in Lamps moves to ROT)

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

nobody complaining about Barksdale anymore as weakest link?
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
          nobody complaining about Barksdale anymore as weakest link?
          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

I am going to have to sit down and watch all of Schofield's snaps at some point, but while he has not stood out, he has not had the big screwups that Barksdale has had in the past. Schoefield may have a real future with us.

Barksdale had a couple missed blocks in the run game (Thursday), but he was pretty good vs the Cowboys. I am not a huge fan of his because we have all seen him play better than he has the last 2 seasons. His 1st year with us, he really did play well. His physical ability is up there with many of the better OT. He just needs to stay focused and we would have one of the better RT in football. That has not been his thing. I hope he figures it out, but until then I am going to keep my eye on any other RT, and Schofield is good enough to compete for the RT job.

Comment

Working...
            X