• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

The funny thing is that that idiot of an ex coach ended his consecutive start streak for no real reason.

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      The funny thing is that that idiot of an ex coach ended his consecutive start streak for no real reason.
      He was ushering in the Geno Smith era
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• vinabolt
        Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
        • Feb 2015
        • Send PM

What a bunch of clowns, lol.
        Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

I would still love to hear McAdoo's version of what he hoped to learn about Geno Smith? He has played in a bad offense for the Jets, so there was not much different from every other game situation he had been in, except the Giants running game is not quite as good.

If they had wanted to start Davis Webb, then there is a building to the future argument.

If Geno had played well, he is never going to be the guy you go into next season saying "this is our starter", even if they cut Manning in the offseason. You still would never start Smith without at least bringing in someone to compete. So, he really isn't telling you anything by playing. 5 games would not have been long enough to secure the job, and with their offense, there is zero hope that anyone could go in and play exceptionally. It just didn't make any sense.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            I would still love to hear McAdoo's version of what he hoped to learn about Geno Smith? He has played in a bad offense for the Jets, so there was not much different from every other game situation he had been in, except the Giants running game is not quite as good.

If they had wanted to start Davis Webb, then there is a building to the future argument.

If Geno had played well, he is never going to be the guy you go into next season saying "this is our starter", even if they cut Manning in the offseason. You still would never start Smith without at least bringing in someone to compete. So, he really isn't telling you anything by playing. 5 games would not have been long enough to secure the job, and with their offense, there is zero hope that anyone could go in and play exceptionally. It just didn't make any sense.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

The draft pick idea may work for some, but I don't think it helps that much in the long run. First, any FA, from another team, or re-signing your own, sees you aren't serious about winning.

If this was basketball, or maybe baseball, where the roster size is that much smaller, than getting one really good player with 1 draft pick might make some sense. But the Giants need 10 or 20 players. They need to add them any way possible, which means street FA, undrafted FA, or unrestricted FA, and lots of them.

I also don't think starting Eli makes it that much more likely they are going to win. Their OL is horrible. Their WR are on IR. They don't have a running game. Their D is not playing that well..... They have a lot of things going against them. Just having a starting caliber QB isn't going to ruin their chance to be drafting top 5. They are probably going to draft #2, and unless Cleveland gets their act together, there is no way they can get the #1 pick.

Just a little flash back, remember when the NY media was screaming about how the Jets were trying to throw the season.... They are not a great team, but they are a whole lot better than the Giants, who everyone thought was going to be a playoff team.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Panamamike commented
                Editing a comment
                Todd Bowles was on the hot seat, but he has really coached his ass off for the Jets. His GM did him no favours as that roster is not very strong, but they are prepared and executing well.
            Working...
            X