• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

The most disappointing thing about the game

The most disappointing thing about the game was not that we lost, it was the lethargic effort today. If we had scratched and clawed and gone down giving it our best effort, I wouldn't have liked it but could have lived with it a lot easier than this. This was horrible. Our defensive line got absolutely pushed all over the field today. We were sloppy with ball security and they took it to us and forced fumbles. I agree with the sentiment they discussed on the post game show - the Bengals simply wanted it more than we did, and it showed. And this with the season on the line. We needed to win all of our home games to realistically have a shot at the playoffs, faint as they were, and this sad effort was what we got. Very disappointed in what I saw.
  • RollingThunder
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Offense let us down big time today. Let's also give credit where credit is due. Forget about stats or whatever, that is easily the best defense we have faced all year.

Vontaze Burfict was a monster out there. Shame we couldn't have taken a 7th round flier on the guy.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

The offense did kill us, but the defense got pushed all over the field and let them run the clock out when we desperately needed a stop.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Looked like the same team we've seen the last few seasons
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• RollingThunder
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          The offense did kill us, but the defense got pushed all over the field and let them run the clock out when we desperately needed a stop.
          I guess it's all about expectations. I don't expect much from this defense so holding them to 17 points when we turned the ball over three times is about as much as you can hope for with what we have on that side of the ball.

Comment

• foreigner
            Tom Telesco is gone
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

The most disappointing thing about the game was not that we lost, it was the lethargic effort today. If we had scratched and clawed and gone down giving it our best effort, I wouldn't have liked it but could have lived with it a lot easier than this. This was horrible. Our defensive line got absolutely pushed all over the field today. We were sloppy with ball security and they took it to us and forced fumbles. I agree with the sentiment they discussed on the post game show - the Bengals simply wanted it more than we did, and it showed. And this with the season on the line. We needed to win all of our home games to realistically have a shot at the playoffs, faint as they were, and this sad effort was what we got. Very disappointed in what I saw.
            I am dissapointed at the effort from everyone, the fans, the people from San Diego not attending the game, just everyone, even the members of this forum! No one showed up today!

Respect for those who cared today.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
              I guess it's all about expectations. I don't expect much from this defense so holding them to 17 points when we turned the ball over three times is about as much as you can hope for with what we have on that side of the ball.
              They could scored again at the end if they wanted. And I will point out that they played most of the game without either starting guard and still pushed us around. Not making excuses for the offense because the 3 turnovers were brutal.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

After every timeout the pa announcer would say, "Ladies and Gentleman, your Charger girls." And I never knew if he was talking about the entertainment that just ended or the entertainment that was about to begin.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Rookie coach Mike McCoy said his defense "fell apart."
                  At least two blown coverages on AJ Green today. How does that happen?

And i'm not forgetting the O, Gates lost this game today, not the D.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

What makes you think that was due to lack of effort?

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                      even the members of this forum! No one showed up today!
                      ...fair.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                        At least two blown coverages on AJ Green today. How does that happen.
                        The corners and non-Weddle safeties on this club have looked clueless all year. Really dumb mistakes every week. You can talk pass rush all you want, and I think thats a serious problem but I see a ton of mentals in the secondary.

As for Weddle, he's not having his best season but he at least seems to have his head in the game. Wright, Patrick, Marshall, Gilchrist, Addae, Cox have all been MIA for most of the year, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                        X