Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

Great win.
      next Saturday in KC could be for the Division!
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
          Great win.
          next Saturday in KC could be for the Division!
          Sort of.

Despite the fact that they are our toughest game remaining, we still have to win the rest of our schedule.

If we beat KC, only to lose to the Jets and/or Oakland, then potentially we can still be eliminated. Overall record is still important, which means we need to win at least 2, if not 3 games. KC is just one part of that. If we win out, we definitely win the division and no one can stop that.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Based on what I saw of the Titans today, they might get swept v. Niners, Rams, and Jags, going 8-8. Ravens should go 11-5 with the weak schedule going forward. So, as long as the Bills don't go 10-6 (they still have to play the Pats), the Chargers can sneak in at 9-7. Chiefs would lose a tie-break with Buffalo, so they pretty much have to win the Division to get in.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Bolt-O commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, Steelers pulled a W out of their ass tonight, so the best Ravens can go is 10-6, but will still have a conference record tiebreaker. Buffalo just popped into the 6th seed.

• Attack
              Attack commented
              Editing a comment
              But how is Buffalo the 6 seed over the Chargers right now, when they lost head to head to the Chargers and their records are both 7-6? What am I missing?

• Bolt-O
              Bolt-O commented
              Editing a comment
              Bills and Ravens have a better conference record than the Chargers. The Bills have a better Strength of Victory than the Ravens. (per cbssports.com)
          • blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Tied for first place with this W. We have a very good team.

Suck it haters.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Sort of.

Despite the fact that they are our toughest game remaining, we still have to win the rest of our schedule.

If we beat KC, only to lose to the Jets and/or Oakland, then potentially we can still be eliminated. Overall record is still important, which means we need to win at least 2, if not 3 games. KC is just one part of that. If we win out, we definitely win the division and no one can stop that.
              That's why I said "could be". The raiders stink, and mailed in today's game. The jets will probably be without McCown. Very likely we will win division with a win in KC.

But yes, I said this last week, they need to win out to guarantee it.
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• foreigner
                Tom Telesco is gone
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

We need to win the division... no "sneaking" crap...

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Bolt-O commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agreed. But look at it this way, if the Chargers get the division, KC will probably be out of the playoffs, but still have a chance to host the AFCG. If they get the wild card, they will be playing at KC for that first game, (who will be trying to pull of a three game sweep) then on the road for the rest of the playoffs. Take care of business either way, but just keep controlling destiny.
              • richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                We need to win the division... no "sneaking" crap...
                I'm not sure we can sneak in without winning the division unless several other teams completely tank.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I'm not sure we can sneak in without winning the division unless several other teams completely tank.
                  Well, Mariotta is hurt, and the Garappolo led Niners are warming up. Titans then get the Rams and Jags. They will get swept and end up 8-8. Ravens might tank, but I doubt it, they are in. Bills do have to play the Pats, so they probably won't get to 10-6.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

One game at a time, but the Jets lost McCown with broken arm, their backup is trash Hackenburg. The Raider chemistry has been off all years they could never figure how to incorporate Beast Mode, coming off the previous season where they were a dominant passing team. The Raiders defense has regressed, but any given Sunday anything can happen. There is no reason we shouldn't win these 3 games, KC game should be the toughest test, but if we play like we been playing we will be okay. Since we faced them the first time alot has changed.

Rivers has been ascending Smith has been descending.

Chargers O-line has more continuity while KC O-line has been injury riddled

Chargers offense has evolved getting multiple weapons involved beside Allen, Ekeler, Henry, Benjamin, Williams, Gordon, all have played key parts in our surge. KC offense key is Hunt running and play action, trick plays with Hill, and a solid dose of Kelce, but they are depending on Smith to get it to them.

Chargers D is ascending and KC D is descending, KC secondary is vulnerable Keenan Allen has given there best corner Marcus Peters fit, and they added old man Revis to their secondary, Williams or Benjamin should be able to break off a few big gainers. No Eric Berry and we under utilized Hunter Henry the first time.

All things trending the Chargers way, the Chargers enter the game confident, and I still feel the Chiefs enter the game with the pressure of not letting the division go, Alex Smith and pressure situations late in the year not a good mix.

Go Chargers, Go.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Wow, we really hurt the Skins. The stories in the Wash Post show a team in complete disarray.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                      X