• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Our Fitness

So Lynn said early in camp that this team would be the fittest in the league. We are pretty resilient injury wise. Guys are coming off and going back in. We are finishing games. We are holding up and not looking terribly gassed. We dont stop fighting and just keep bringing it.

I really think that the condition these guys are in...is helping them win the one on one situations they're in.

"Fatigue makes cowards of us all" Jimmy Johnson always said the key to winning is conditioning.

Ive always felt during the McCoy years that we were the softest team in the league. That we probably practiced soft. I think Lynn is working these guys. There is a major fight and will to win starting to happen with these players. And more importantly i think being in shape is keeping them fairly healthy.

I think the early season issues were us adjusting to things and eventually we started to get stronger. And now its really paying off.

Im pretty happy with what Lynn has done with these kids. He had to come in here and change so many things. The losing mentallity to winning. The details like tackling and finishing. Fitness and longevity. We had so many bad habits and they seemingly are becoming less noticeable.

Lynn may have some Marty in him. He has that type of background and mentality. These kids are fighting hard for their coach.

GO BOLTS!!!!
  • Attack
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    So Lynn said early in camp that this team would be the fittest in the league. We are pretty resilient injury wise. Guys are coming off and going back in. We are finishing games. We are holding up and not looking terribly gassed. We dont stop fighting and just keep bringing it.

I really think that the condition these guys are in...is helping them win the one on one situations they're in.

"Fatigue makes cowards of us all" Jimmy Johnson always said the key to winning is conditioning.

Ive always felt during the McCoy years that we were the softest team in the league. That we probably practiced soft. I think Lynn is working these guys. There is a major fight and will to win starting to happen with these players. And more importantly i think being in shape is keeping them fairly healthy.

I think the early season issues were us adjusting to things and eventually we started to get stronger. And now its really paying off.

Im pretty happy with what Lynn has done with these kids. He had to come in here and change so many things. The losing mentallity to winning. The details like tackling and finishing. Fitness and longevity. We had so many bad habits and they seemingly are becoming less noticeable.

Lynn may have some Marty in him. He has that type of background and mentality. These kids are fighting hard for their coach.

GO BOLTS!!!!
    So true. The Bolts are still thought of as a soft team out on the east coast and will need to prove that they are otherwise in the playoffs. The Pats and Steelers fans will need to be proven wrong about this team, and the only way that happens is beating them in Gillette or Pitt in Jan.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Was Lynn an English major? I think Bradley is helping with giving the D some "swagger". Health? It could be that the change of head trainer, and the gung-ho Strength and Conditioning coach, or a venue change. Im not hearing sideways excuses from Lynn which is refreshing.

Comment

• vinabolt
        Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
        • Feb 2015
        • Send PM

Lynn helps a lot on the improvement of the OL on pass blocking. I really like what he said to players in the locker room. He said the right things, get them mentality right. He's a player coach who relates well to players and doesn't hesitate to get in their faces letting them know that they have just mess up. Earlier in the season when Gordon wiffed on a blitzer, Lynn yanked him right away. Today Akeler being bonehead and was in the doghouse in the 2nd half. I don't recall Akerler getting 1 play after the half. When Boston got out of bound after the INT without making effort to return the ball for better field position (or defensive TD), Lynn laid it to him in the locker room and demoted him for 1st quarter in the next game.

After soft years of Norv and McCoy, Lynn is clearly what they were looking for when hiring a new coach. And so far it seems like they get what they want.

The sure tackling is 100% Bradley. He brought the tackling style of SEA here. Emphasis on sure wrap up. Less emphasis on big hits or stripping/punching the ball out. Teams that emphasize force fumble will get them, but will also let loose a lot of runners, like CHI, CAR, LAR, PHI, BAL, DEN, MIA etc..
        Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

I don't know what Lynn did with these guys during training camp but it's paying off. Next week in likely freezing weather will be yet another big test though. But I get the feeling they are up to it.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Bolt-O commented
            Editing a comment
            Weather Underground has the temps around 50 at game time Saturday.

• Millionaire Wussy
            Millionaire Wussy commented
            Editing a comment
            That would be fantastic. Even if it's very windy.

• Charged4Life
            Charged4Life commented
            Editing a comment
            I spent a couple Winter's in Missouri during the 1970's and temps were easily 20 degrees "F"or lower this time of the year. 50 degrees is freakish but welcomed.
        • Rugger05
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
          X