• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CTrout
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Interesting to see what the NYJ do with Todd Bowles. Lynn and Bowles have worked together in the past. TB has proven to be a fairly good DC.

Comment

• foreigner
      Tom Telesco is gone
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lightnin' View Post
      Bradley may get another HC gig.

But-there's always the "hot" OC's and occasional NCAA prospect to jump
      ahead of him.

With the results he's gotten after one season with us, I'm sure he's caught someones
      eye; but-as poorly as J-ville played during his years there, he'll have to wait and continue
      to deliver for us before another opportunity is given him.
      Not yet... the results are pretty good but not yet ""hot" Coordinator to be HC" material

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

This is a good summary of what spots may be available and candidates for the jobs. Gus Bradley isn't listed...

Comment

• Steve
          Steve commented
          Editing a comment
          It's not like this is an official list. This is just some sportswriter who asks around and gets one person's view of who is hot, FWIW. One name I would take off is Matt Patricia. The combination of mountain man look, along with the Goodell Clown T-shirt after the SB last year will make it very tough for him to get a HC job in the NFL, especially coming off a year with a poor defensive showing by NE.
      • Heatmiser
        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

What I am reading, and this may just be full on conjecture, is that Bradley only signed a one year deal for the DC job with the Bolts and will be wooed heavily by deep pockets teams, including the Seahawks if their current DC gets a HC job, for DC jobs. But based on the Seattle defense this year, I am not sure that guy is on a lot of short lists. I think what happens is Bradley gets signed for 4 years with the Chargers. The one year thing does not bother me. Remember he took a long, long time to come on board and was thinking about just sitting out to be with his family. I think he is pretty excited about this defense and it may give him another HC opportunity.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• foreigner
          Tom Telesco is gone
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

All coaching staff will return for 2018.

Comment

• Steve
            Steve commented
            Editing a comment
            IS there a link to that?
        • richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
          All coaching staff will return for 2018.
          How our ST coach could be brought back staggers the imagination, though I'm sure he will because he is Lynn's guy.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Biassacia was the last decent special teams coach the Chargers had. The guy in Cleveland may get fired if Hue Jackson goes. He was a great coach for many years in Cleveland when special teams was all they had. He was coach for Benjamin when Benjamin was deadly on PR.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

I didn't realize Gus was only on a one year contract with us:

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

I wouldn't worry about Bradley leaving. The 1-year deal has a lot of components to it. Bradley didn't know Lynn (at least not well) before he took the job, and some of that may have been part of the 1-year thing. The other thing is Bradley's family didn't make the move, and that is always tough on guys. While I think coaches can always get out of deals, Bradley just may not have wanted to commit himself given his family situation.

In short, I think we are in just about the perfect situation for the Chargers. The coordinators have done a good job this season. Good job of building up from the beginning, getting things turned around. Neither is in any danger of going anywhere, just because neither unit is playing THAT well. Both Bradley and Whiz have some marks against them. Not too many that they will never get another shot, but enough that both have some rehab work to do (a lot in Whiz's case).

Comment

• CTrout
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Adam Schefter reporting that Seattle might want to bring Bradley back. I have a feeling Chargers will some way or another f@#k this up and let him leave.

Comment

• richpjr
                    richpjr commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That would really suck. I get the success he had in the past there, but soes he really want to go back to a team that is on the decline, leaving a team that is on the rise?

• SDFan
                    SDFan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    On the bright side, there will be 1, maybe 2 Paganos out there willing to take his place. ;^0

• Heatmiser
                    Heatmiser commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I heard this same thing about a month ago, but it was predicated on the current Seattle DC getting a head coaching job. Is he in the mix? I have not heard him getting any interviews. Chargers are going to have to pay well to keep Bradley and they should.

TG
                • Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Both Bradley and Wizenhunt extended.
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                  X