Fantasy Football question for this week....

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post

Is Antonio Brown playing this week?
    None of the guys on the top line are playing this week
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

OK got it
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Been in this league almost 20 years. You just have to waiver wire and stash guys on non playoff teams. But this year I thought some guys would still be playing

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Panamamike
            Panamamike commented
            Editing a comment
            20 years u guys have put up with that crap? What, can’t vote on an amendment? Sorry, but to work your ass off all season to do that for the Championship game is rediculous IMO. Late season injuries are bad enough. I sure as hell hope it ain’t a money league.

• oneinchpunch
            oneinchpunch commented
            Editing a comment
            If I win this week it's 2k. If I lose I get 1,200. It keeps people active on the waivers all season long adding more $ to the pot.

We also don't score like any other league. Last week I won 2,397 > 2,278
        • Blue Thunder
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Arlington, TX
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Wow thats too many for me lol. A lot of time to spend on them. Ive tried an ESPN league for two seasons, didnt care for it.
          You arent by chance from Texas are you? I have a room mate in Santa Clara from there and he watches any football game including High School on TV which i dont care about in the least. I ask him why and he says " one of those guys may get recruited to Texas". He is a Longhorn fanatic but talks about all the Texas teams.
          A lot of the research overlaps because it works in multiple leagues. I just keep an Excel spreadsheet titled "Fantasy Football Matrix" to quickly keep track of what players are on which team. It also helps me identify team needs as well. Usually, I set my lineups and put in waiver claims on Tuesday evenings. Then on Friday afternoons, I double check the injury status of players and adjust starting lineups if needed. Those are the main two days that I spend time on research. I'll usually try to keep track of any game time injury decisions Sunday mornings (if possible) as well. So, maybe a couple hours a week total. Not too bad for a hobby.

Yes, I live in Arlington, Texas. Everyone here is crazy about football at all levels. High school football in Texas is almost a religion. My son is a senior this year and was the backup quarterback on his varsity high school team (Mansfield Summit HS), which is the same school at which I teach. We went 6-4 during the regular season and then made it to the third round of the playoffs and were knocked out by the eventual state champs (Highland Park HS), who were led by John Stephen Jones (Jerry Jones' grandson) at quarterback. Jones won the Tom Landry award this year, which is given to the best high school player in North Texas, and will be attending Arkansas (big shock) next year. Oh, BTW, the new Arkansas Head Coach Chad Morris's (formerly of SMU) son was Jones' backup at Highland Park this year.

Just to show you how good the current level of football is in Mansfield (just south of Arlington), each of the last two years, the Landry award was won by a player from one of our rival schools. In 2016, it was Mansfield HS running back Kennedy Brooks (now at Oklahoma). In 2015, it was Mansfield Lake Ridge HS quarterback Jett Duffey (now at Texas Tech). One of the five finalists this year was Mansfield Legacy HS junior quarterback/safety Jalen Catalon, who will be going to Clemson as a safety after he graduates in 2019. Our division 10-5A was nicknamed the "District of Doom" and has also been called the "SEC of North Texas HS football".
          Last edited by Blue Thunder; 12-28-2017, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Question, which QB would you start Carr, Cutler or Brissett. Which 2 WR/TE(same position in my league) Gates, Ebron, Sanu or Josh Gordon?
            Last edited by oneinchpunch; 12-28-2017, 01:44 PM.
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Brissett, Gates/Gordon.

Comment

• Maverick
                (Coryellian)
                • Jun 2013
                • Point Loma
                • Send PM

Question, which QB would you start Carr, Cutler or Brissett. Which 2 WR/TE(same position in my league) Gates, Ebron, Sanu or Josh Gordon?
                Cutler / Gates / Sanu

Comment

• bonehead
                  Undrafted
                  • Jul 2013
                  • TBD
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post

Cutler / Gates / Sanu
                  Brissett. Gates. Sanu
                  Forget it Donny you're out of your element