• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    We may sneak in, but the odds of it are not good. I am still skeptical this team has learned how to win - the KC showed all of the same self destructive junk we have seen for years now. We did get hot and took out some bad teams and ordinary teams we caught at the right time and got on a nice little run but we haven't proven anything - yet. My wife asked my yesterday while we were driving in the car - "Why do the Chargers always find a way to lose big games? And not just lose, lose badly? You never see the Patriots do that." I had no answer. They have to prove they have turned the corner by winning a game like that.
    I don't have an answer either. It doesn't seem to matter who the coach or GM is either. We won some big games here and there under both Marty (regular season) and Norv (couple of nice playoff wins), but it seems that on the really big stage...this team just literally shits the bed. I think the arrow is overall pointing up for this team...but even if they won the division next year, I wouldn't put it past them to lay an egg in the playoffs. Just can't break through to that next level it seems.

And by "next level" I don't mean winning a Super Bowl necessarily...but at least a level of consistency that you just KNOW they are going to be a tough team to beat, won't self-destruct, etc.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• vinabolt
      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
      • Feb 2015
      • Send PM

Yeah, other than Boss Ross, we've never won on big stages under anybody, including the great Coryell, the best X&O guy in team history. You can say that Norv did won us some playoff games on big stages but his regular season sucked, always start slow. So other than his first couple of seasons, other seasons we didn't even make the big stages under him.
      Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Maverick
        (Coryellian)
        • Jun 2013
        • Point Loma
        • Send PM

Man, that Chief's loss really took all the wind out of my sails.....really tough to digest.....not sure why, as I should be used to it by now, but it is what it is.

Comment

• vinabolt
          Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
          • Feb 2015
          • Send PM

I feel the same way. But not for this game alone. It was because they fucking beat us for a hundred time and I can't even recall when was the last time we beat them. That was embarrassing for the organization.

Now I'm just going to chill and wait for boltjolt to come in and argue: no, KC wasn't beat us for hundred time, lol.
          Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

The Chiefs beat us the same way the Patriots do. Play close to the vest and wait for us to self destruct with stupid penalties, turnovers, play calls and bad special teams play. And, sadly, it works.

Comment

• OhioBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              The Chiefs beat us the same way the Patriots do. Play close to the vest and wait for us to self destruct with stupid penalties, turnovers, play calls and bad special teams play. And, sadly, it works.
              You are exactly right look at the comparison

Versus the Patriots- Penalties 10-77yds, 1 turnover, and T. Benjamin takes a punt running 8 yards backwards for a safety

Versus KC Penalties 9-61yds, 4 turnovers (3INT, 1FBL), and T. Benjamin on 3rd & 8 he runs out of bound with no defender to force him out before getting 8 yards, forces us into a 4th and 1 which Rivers throws and INT with us down by 10 with 7 minutes still remaining

You can probably beat the Browns playing like this but you'll lose 90% of the time playing other teams like this

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Does someone want to start the GDT for the Jets game? I can't do it as the previous loser.

Comment

Working...
                X