I voted for SP.
    I now have 2 more jersey's I can't wear. :lol:

Comment

• Den60
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
      lets see....a 95 that fits the system but to old to be productive...or a 95 that wasn't productive in the system and is also old.
      And whose production (as far as sacks are concerned) over the last three years is less than the guy being paid 5-6 times less.

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
        And whose production (as far as sacks are concerned) over the last three years is less than the guy being paid 5-6 times less.
        Phillips had to go. Freeney may or may not be a good replacement (note: Freeney was brought in to replace INGRAM, not Phillips), but Phillips' schtick just got old. Losing Sean Phillips - and not replacing him with ANYONE - would be a positive, IMO.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

I just hope the new 95 is better than the old one. He is making a lot more money.

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            Phillips had to go. Freeney may or may not be a good replacement (note: Freeney was brought in to replace INGRAM, not Phillips), but Phillips' schtick just got old. Losing Sean Phillips - and not replacing him with ANYONE - would be a positive, IMO.
            Says you. To be clear, I would have brought Barnes back ahead of Phillips myself. However, if the plan was to overpay for a guy no one in the league was willing to sign at a price close to what he was asking if we lost one of the three OLBers we had on the roster then I would have kept Phillips around for a million. Next year we will be paying Freeney 50% more than that when we cut him.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Sometimes you have to overpay to attract a player being courted by a contender. Can you agree we are not a contender? Can you agree Denver was courting him? Can imagine for a moment we have lower prospects than Denver this year? Well could that at all be why we offered a two year contract?
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                Sometimes you have to overpay to attract a player being courted by a contender. Can you agree we are not a contender? Can you agree Denver was courting him? Can imagine for a moment we have lower prospects than Denver this year? Well could that at all be why we offered a two year contract?
                pretty sure Denver didn't make an offer because he wanted too much money.

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                  Says you. To be clear, I would have brought Barnes back ahead of Phillips myself. However, if the plan was to overpay for a guy no one in the league was willing to sign at a price close to what he was asking if we lost one of the three OLBers we had on the roster then I would have kept Phillips around for a million. Next year we will be paying Freeney 50% more than that when we cut him.
                  Both were signed before Ingram got hurt. Stop making this argument already. We didn't need another pass rusher (nor were they going to sign one) before that.

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

From what I understand, Barnes left because he wanted to be a starter.

Unless you grossly overpaid him, I don't think he would have re-signed here.

This ain't Madden, where you can match any teams offer and the player will happily sign even though he'd be a backup.

Comment

• Big Dog
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Word is that Freeney looked out of shape and SLOW at the mini-camp and 3-4 weeks is probably not enough to get in shape, we could be getting a snail when I thought we might be getting a pro-bowler since we are losing a Pro Bowler to Denver ...

<iframe width="560" height="315"src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yWLl8PXiDGk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• homeless simpson
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                        Both were signed before Ingram got hurt. Stop making this argument already. We didn't need another pass rusher (nor were they going to sign one) before that.
                        as a 3-4 team, how can you say we didn't need another pass rusher when we lost 2 (Phillips/Barnes) in the offseason and only drafted 1 replacement (Tourek)? Even if Ingram did not get hurt, you still needed another pass rusher because you'd be relying on English to be healthy for an entire season.

Comment

• Beerman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Eastlake
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                          as a 3-4 team, how can you say we didn't need another pass rusher when we lost 2 (Phillips/Barnes) in the offseason and only drafted 1 replacement (Tourek)? Even if Ingram did not get hurt, you still needed another pass rusher because you'd be relying on English to be healthy for an entire season.
                          Because its the truth and that was the position that the front office had taken going into the season with 4 OLB. Before the injury they were completely satisfied with what they had and weren't looking to add to the group. You can make whatever arguement you want, fact is they were content to go into the season with that group.

The only reason we signed another OLB was because of the injury. Making an argument otherwise is just a fan's personal preference, not based in reality or the clear actions of the front office prior to the injury.

Comment

Working...
                          X