• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charged up
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Really early draft talk.

Right now I believe we'd be somewhere around 13th. I expect to be around 11th again when the season ends.

With the way the team has been playing, IMO I say we still need to work on the D-line, then CB's. I hate drafting CB's, and I would prefer to continue to reload CB's through free agency. We need 2 more guys like Luiget who can get up the field and get after it.

I would like to see a huge mammoth nose guard. That guy IMO is:

RA'SHEDE HAGEMAN Minnesota: This guy has beast mode written all over him. 6'6 311 lbs. He looks like someone that could just slide into a starting nose tackle role.

Way early I know, but I like what I see with this draft coming up. QB's are gonna be in high demand and its a QB loaded draft which means we could possibly end up with an excellent blue chipper at any of the 11-15 slots.
    Last edited by Charged up; 12-03-2013, 10:00 PM.
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

There should be like a thread for this kind of talk
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Why isn't there a thread for this?
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Charged up
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
        There should be like a thread for this kind of talk
        LOL sorry! I didn't want this guy buried in the other thread. Move if you like mods... :\

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Couple of quick observations. First, is the guy in the top picture the same guy as in the video? The guy in the top picture looks huge; the guy in the video looks long and lean (which doesn't mean not muscular or strong).

However, 6'5", 311 is not your prototypical NT size; I'm thinking he's too tall and too light. He certainly looks very athletic and fast; but, again, is that what you want for a NT? Without even looking it up, I'm gonna guess the elite NTs like Ngota and Raji, and our very own Jamal Williams, were around 6'3 and closer to 350 lbs.

On the other hand, if we were making the switch to a 4-3, as some have suggested, then perhaps he fits in that scheme a bit better. That's more a question to you all then a statement; I really dont know.
          Last edited by QSmokey; 12-04-2013, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Charged up
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            Couple of quick observations. First, is the guy in the top picture the same guy as in the video? The guy in the top picture looks huge; the guy in the video looks long and lean (which doesn't mean not muscular or strong).

However, 6'5", 311 is not your prototypical NT size; I'm thinking he's too tall and too light. He certainly looks very athletic and fast; but, again, is that what you want for a NT? Without even looking it up, I'm gonna guess the elite NTs like Ngota and Raji, and our very own Jamal Williams, were around 6'3 and closer to 350 lbs.

On the other hand, if we were making the switch to a 4-3, as some have suggested, the perhaps he fits in that scheme a bit better. That's more a question to you all then a statement; I really dont know.
            With an NFL weight training program he could be up to 350 in no time with that frame.

Comment

• blahblahblah
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charged up View Post
              With an NFL weight training program he could be up to 350 in no time with that frame.
              With that length he'll be better in a 1 gap. low man wins.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

as mentioned in the video, he'd be a DE candidate in a 3-4 defense, a DT in a 4-3.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

We absolutely have to get a left tackle. I'd love to get a top nose guard, or even defensive end, and play 4-3, but we'll have to wait for later rounds. Without a decent left tackle, we'll be a poor team, period.

What is conceivable is that we may be able to trade down a few spots and pick up some lower draft picks, and hope to get lucky. There may be team that is desperate for a QB that could fall.

Comment

• blahblahblah
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

After looking at the 2015 roster I don't care as long as it's not QB, DB, OG, RB, or TE early. Probably not ILB either because the position isn't as valuable.

We need 3-4 good players from this draft and they can be at pretty much any position except QB.

edit: I guess that only really leaves OLT, Dline, and OLB, doesn't it? Well, BPA at those spots. If there's any time to switch a defensive scheme, it's now.

Comment

• CTrout
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Right now the only "true" NT type worth taking in the first 2 rounds would be Louis Nix (6'3 345). He is projected to be a mid to late first.
                      Hageman appears to be more of quick in the back field type. He is one heck of an impressive athlete tho...

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Isn't there a tread for this already?

Comment

Working...
                        X