First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

538 Playoff Prediction Machine

This is the 538 NFL predictions machine. Simply find the team (matchup) and put in the win, loss or tie and it changes the odds of every other team affected by that game. Obviously our fate lies with us having to win and then the Jax-Tenn, Buff-Mia and Cinn-Balt games. Looks like we have NO chance if Tenn beats Jax but we still have a small chance if Baltimore loses (which I did not know). Have fun with it!

Sorry if already posted...thought it would be cool to put it front and center for all to play with.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo
    Last edited by UtahBolt; 12-29-2017, 07:08 AM.
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

Sorry, the post a link feature does not display the full link above and will also not allow me to remove this partial link? Please use the first 538 link ending in "rrpromo". Posted again below.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo
    Last edited by UtahBolt; 12-29-2017, 07:09 AM.
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

If Baltimore loses, the Bills have to lose to Miami for the Chargers to get in, regardless what happens to the Titans. The reason why is that at 9-7, with 3 teams tied (Chargers, Bills, Ravens), the only tie breaker that counts is conference record, and the Chargers currently have a losing conference record. (6-7 at best).

The 538 Elo model has been interesting all season, the Chargers were at the near bottom at one point of the season, and now are #12...where they should be. However, Nate Silver has been very wrong too.

Comment

• UtahBolt
        UtahBolt commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha! Yes he has, in matters much bigger than football scores!

In their defense though...they did own it.
    Working...
    X