• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Well..."Cheers" To A Winning Season At Least

We made this bed. We came up short and lost games we should have won. A decent FG kicker and we might not even worry about other teams needing to win. That needs to be fixed this offseason.

I was proud of this team for overcoming the early season blunders. That turn around showed me we probably have the right staff in place to get this thing headed in the right direction. Ill just assume that was the ghost of Mike McCoy haunting us the first 4 games. Special Teams needs a new coach.

Its been a fun season here at TPB and thank you all for making this place great.

We came up short and it hurts....but there is plenty of hope for the future.

Cheers
  • Charged4Life
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Send PM

Well put! Agree 100%!!!!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      We made this bed. We came up short and lost games we should have won. A decent FG kicker and we might not even worry about other teams needing to win. That needs to be fixed this offseason.

I was proud of this team for overcoming the early season blunders. That turn around showed me we probably have the right staff in place to get this thing headed in the right direction. Ill just assume that was the ghost of Mike McCoy haunting us the first 4 games.

Its been a fun season here at TPB and thank you all for making this place great.

We came up short and it hurts....but there is plenty of hope for the future.

Cheers
      I agree about this coaching staff, other than STs. They did a good job
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

This was a frustrating season. So many stupid things we could have done differently and we'd have double digit wins. Instead, just missing out of the playoffs kills our draft position.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Yeah, fun season, just wish those early losses didn't happen, or that KC owns Philip. I'm looking forward to an improved OL and hopefully a decent kicker. I hope we bring back Bradley, not sure about Whiz, and Stewart... needs to go.

Comment

• blueman
            blueman commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree, fun season in the end even missing the playoffs.
        • richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          Yeah, fun season, just wish those early losses didn't happen, or that KC owns Philip. I'm looking forward to an improved OL and hopefully a decent kicker. I hope we bring back Bradley, not sure about Whiz, and Stewart... needs to go.
          It's amazing how Rivers struggles against KC. 6 of his 10 interceptions this year came in the 2 KC games. He threw 4 in his other 14 games.

Comment

• vinabolt
            Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
            • Feb 2015
            • Send PM

There are speculations that Caldwell of DET might be fired. If Whiz leave (his contract is up) then Caldwell would be a good choice to look at. The thing about him when he was an OC is that his offense was clutch!
            Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Whiz and Bradley's contracts both up - I hope they are both back next season.

Comment

• Charged4Life
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

It's amazing how Rivers struggles against KC. 6 of his 10 interceptions this year came in the 2 KC games. He threw 4 in his other 14 games.
                I can't wait til next season. We have to figure out how to beat KC. boy oh boy.

Comment

• captaind
                  Cook This Pork Chops
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Mars
                  • Ball Holder
                  • Send PM

Shoulda, coulda, woulda. The history of the Chargers franchise.

In the end, Josh Lambo prevented the Chargers from making the playoffs. He must be laughing his ass off right now.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Keenan Allen is all the way back he misses 1400 yards by 7 yards Allen finish the season with 102 receptions, 1393 yards, and 6 TD's. Allen is a true #1 Wide Receiver lets hope he can remain healthy in 2018. Hopefully both Williams will take note of Allen polish route running and how he sets the route up and compete for the ball.

Mike Williams I am kind of suspect on he had a neck injury in college and that has me concern and the fact I don't know if he can separate big difference in college he got away on size alone.

Tyrell Williams didn't have the season I anticipated, but he has the physical skill, but I don't know why he doesn't fight hard for the jump\contested ball, and he had some drops. I am still high on Tyrell more so than Mike Williams. Tyrell needs to hang out with Allen view Allen's tape, Allen is a different dude at receiver, but I think Tyrell can improve.

Next year we get Hunter Henry back, so Allen, and improved version of both Williams and a stronger o-line there would be no reason we aren't putting up at least 27-30 a game

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I have a feeling that Gates might be back.

Comment

Working...
                      X