OT Did anyone go to any Chargers "Home" games this season?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charged4Life
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Send PM

OT Did anyone go to any Chargers "Home" games this season?

Look, I can't blame you a bit if you chose not to and instead decided to watch from your living room. Tickets are high-priced at this point. Way above my pay grade. But did you go to a game? Will you next season if they start out great?
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

No and No. Not spending any money on Spanos.

Comment

• Pointyearedog
      Humble Chargers Fan
      • May 2017
      • Golden Hill
      • Medical Devices Operations
      • Send PM

I did, but my friend paid for the tickets. So I guess you could say I got in for cheap, pulled a Spanos...
      "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

• Charged4Life
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Pointyearedog View Post
        I did, but my friend paid for the tickets. So I guess you could say I got in for cheap, pulled a Spanos...
        Nice friend!

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

I'm still following the team (obviously), but after having season tickets for 28 years at the Q, I just can't get excited about ponying up money to pay for games in LA. Maybe I'll take in a game when the new stadium opens but certainly not season tickets.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I had planned to go to a few but I quit my job in August
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Maverick
              (Coryellian)
              • Jun 2013
              • Point Loma
              • Send PM

Went to the games vs chiefs & browns at Stubhub.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                SLAM DUNK!
                • Jun 2013
                • East County San Diego
                • Bolt fanatic
                • Send PM

migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• jkru
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Send PM

Bought season tickets; a set of 4. Attended every game (preseason included) except the Raiders game. Heartbreak for the early half the season. Ate up all the enjoyment the second half of the season. Bummed the off-season has already begun.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Bolt-O commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for posting!
                • Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jkru View Post
                  Bought season tickets; a set of 4. Attended every game (preseason included) except the Raiders game. Heartbreak for the early half the season. Ate up all the enjoyment the second half of the season. Bummed the off-season has already begun.
                  Welcome aboard.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Charged4Life
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Send PM

Thanks for going to the games! That means something to me.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jkru View Post
                      Welcome, Charger friend! Was the crowd as one-sided as the San Diego media loves to report? What was the atmosphere like there? Based on the last few games, I think it can be plenty loud there, just seemed like the crowd was not cheering for the home team so much.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• jkru
                        jkru commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The most one-sided crowd I saw, was the Eagles game - not sure how the Raiders game was. The Eagles game was probably close to 60%. Sitting on the away side, I could see the non-televised side of the field and that side was almost entirely Chargers fans (most expensive tickets). The endzone below the bars was mostly Chargers fans as well. I'd be surprised if there were multiple games that exceeded 50-50 in favor of the away team, but if there was a game that did, it was the Eagles.

The Bills games was pretty close in crowd size, but the fans near me were much better spirited. Only witnessed a fan scuffle in the stands during the Eagles game. Kinda funny since the next day I received a survey from the Stubhub/Chargers about the fan experience specifically about security.

I enjoyed the game-day experience in general. I liked the stadium (been to many Galaxy games). The view of the game was awesome. Getting into the stadium was always easy. Took ~15 minutes to exit the freeway and get to my parking spot. 5-10 minute walk to the stadium entrance. Never waited in a line to enter the stadium. Plenty of concession stands and bathrooms. Fans everywhere enjoying their time at the stadium pre-game. I was always surprised how many attendees were wandering around the outside of the stands for pre-game and during the game. This is why the telecast may give the TV viewer an impression of an empty stadium. I'd re-watch the game during the week, and be surprised how empty a section looked, when I had pictures during the game of that same sections without an empty seat.

My game-day experience was great in that regard, but there was definitely an element to the game-day experience that was missing. The atmosphere I want, being fully surrounded by screaming Chargers fans, was not there. There were groups of Chargers fans that would yell on defense, and cheer with great passion. But there were plenty of fans that were happy with sitting in their seats all game, eating & drinking, and watching the game with almost indifference to the final outcome. If I had lucked out and got tickets in an area where there was a more solid group of Chargers contingent, I think I'd have had nothing to gripe about besides the game score.

Unfortunately, I bought tickets on the visitor side which meant I was constantly surrounded by opposing fans each game. Which was tough the first half of the season, but awesome the second half of the season. A couple of games it almost became sad and painful to sit with the other fans - the number of times I heard, "I paid $300+ for these ****'in tickets" while the Chargers had 20 pt leads. (Thanks Nate Peterman for a truly memorable game!!!)

The stadium could get really loud. Unfortunately, for both teams. But the Chargers fans did pretty good on defensive stands during our second half of the season. I could only imagine how great it would be if +80% of the fans were Chargers fans.

• Heatmiser
                        Heatmiser commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks JKRU!
                    Working...
                    X