Clear All
  • BlazingBolt
    SLAM DUNK!
    • Jun 2013
    • East County San Diego
    • Bolt fanatic
    • Send PM

Chargers could be forced on to Hardknocks this year

the NFL views Hard Knocks as one of its key marketing tools heading into each season, and so league rules can compel a team to appear on the show if no team volunteers.

This year, six teams meet the criteria to be forced to do the show: Baltimore, Cleveland, Denver, the L.A. Chargers, San Francisco and Washington.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-hard-knocks/

Do you think the Chargers are a compelling storyline the producers would want?
    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Does anybody watch it? And why would they force a team to be on it? Its not like its a top rated show. Eve if the Chargers are on it, i probably still wont watch it.....much anyways. Never watch it now.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I do watch it, just to see what other teams do to get ready for the season, then compare it to the actual result. The show made the Bucs look like a contender, but they ended up crashing and burning. That said, I think the Niners will get picked, if someone else doesn't volunteer. I think the Raiders might volunteer...they need the buzz for the move to Vegas. The show already did LA with the Rams, we did find out that the sun rose in the west from Goff.

Comment

• Screeme
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I watch it. It can be a lot of setups and falsely created drama (For example, last season They made it seem like a camp arm had a shot at being the backup, but never highlighted ALL the QB's and he never was close). But it can be really good, too.. especially when they can capture real moments.. for example: the real pain of a guy right after he tore his ACL and gets the news.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

I'd really rather not have that distraction for the Chargers - but would watch it if they were chosen. I'd love to see Rivers at practice with his G rated smack.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Chargers have enough distractions to deal with. Give them a break, NFL. And please, just give up on games in England. NO ONE cares!

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
              the NFL views Hard Knocks as one of its key marketing tools heading into each season, and so league rules can compel a team to appear on the show if no team volunteers.

This year, six teams meet the criteria to be forced to do the show: Baltimore, Cleveland, Denver, the L.A. Chargers, San Francisco and Washington.

Of those 6, I would like to see how Cleveland deals with their off season.
              Only 2 of the 6 play in England next year, Bolts and Denver, so I expect Goodell will impose it on us for moving to LA.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post

Of those 6, I would like to see how Cleveland deals with their off season.
                Only 2 of the 6 play in England next year, Bolts and Denver, so I expect Goodell will impose it on us for moving to LA.
                Im glad you have come back around to us MH. You are such a crucial member of this family. Cheers to you mate.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Cheers Fleet!
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    Chargers have enough distractions to deal with. Give them a break, NFL. And please, just give up on games in England. NO ONE cares!

TG
                    I agree .... but if they did play in London that would be a fun road trip
                    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• floydefisher
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • siberiacuse, ny
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post

Niners are a more compelling storyline to me....they finally have hope with Garoppolo as their new QB.

Only way Chargers get on is because they are in the LA market, and the NFL wants to make an impression there like they did with the lambs a couple of years ago.
                      sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post

Niners are a more compelling storyline to me....they finally have hope with Garoppolo as their new QB.

Only way Chargers get on is because they are in the LA market, and the NFL wants to make an impression there like they did with the lambs a couple of years ago.
                        That may be a very compelling reason for the league to try and drum up more interest in the LA market for the Chargers.

Comment

Working...
                        X