• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinabolt
    Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
    • Feb 2015
    • Send PM

I just watched some Hard Knocks on Youtube. Pretty good.
    Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• vinabolt
      Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
      • Feb 2015
      • Send PM

I've watched Telesco's press conference yesterday. He sure seems to have mastered the Belichick school of saying nothing with a thousand words. But, listening between the lines, looking at his expression, hearing his voices, etc, he doesn't seem too confidence about Rivers longevity.

Also, according to Lynn on his conference and interview with that girl whom name escaped me right now, there was definittely conflicts among him and Whiz, his new offensive coaches and the retained offensive coaches. He even spilled out the time: First quarter through midway of the season.

And then when he stay out of the way the offense start looking like Whiz offense again. But I really think his heavy emphasis on ball protection and his Martyball approach did help us to be among the league low in turnovers.

According Lynn's words and it did appear that the coaches fitting and meshing well and work better with each other toward the end of the season. So it's all happy now. I don't expect any prolong rift from those conflicts.

Next season should be good. Coaches and players more familiar and work better with each other. Gordon should be 100% and Tyrell Williams should regain his play from last year.
      Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

I love Hard Knocks and have been a regular watcher since it first started way back with the Ravens after their first Super Bowl. I would love to see this team get that exposure when it is so desperately needed. That show is great a insight into the daily grind of an NFL camp. I don't watch it for the personalities they try to highlight but for the down and dirty footage of the Oklahoma drills, goal line drills, fights, etc. It can be fascinating.

My only concern is that the HK team usually seems to struggle that season; the Bucs this year, Rams last year, recent season with the Cowboys, Bengals, Jets, Jags, etc.
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

I'm not a fan of teams doing Hard Knocks. (Look at the Buccaneers this season)

However, with the lack of fan support in the LA area... I think it would probably be a good move.

Just to get more people in the area aware of the players... like Fleet said, we have some pretty good dudes on this team, it will help get them out there, as people.

With a population as large as LA's... it can only help in that way. And if that translates into more charger fans butts in the seats, it could help the team as well.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Attack
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2017
            • Send PM

I'm pumped for the draft and free agency to see what is going to be done to improve the team. Listening to Telesco again, he made mention that he was happy with how the O-line performed, but the run game needs to improve, and that the improvement will involve "working with what we have". That statement seems to indicate that he is satisfied with the current personnel on the O-line, with Lamp coming back, and just need to develop these players. Unless it was a smokescreen. I hope a high pick is used on the O-line.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

I think we probably address the OL but the team most likely stays with Pulley at Center. And will be hoping Lamp is the interior push we need to help the run game. And that Feeney his 2nd year will only get better. I think we address OT in the draft. But i sure wouldnt mind a guy like Price in the center of that OL with Feeney and Lamp on either side.

But i think we could take a Jags approach this year and start adding talent to the defense. For an offense that averaged around middle of the pack in points per game they may feel that Williams and Lamp are essentially like spending a couple high picks this year on offense. I do think we draft a RB in the middle rounds. But im sort of expecting defense early.

Comment

• Rugger05
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                I think we probably address the OL but the team most likely stays with Pulley at Center. And will be hoping Lamp is the interior push we need to help the run game. And that Feeney his 2nd year will only get better. I think we address OT in the draft. But i sure wouldnt mind a guy like Price in the center of that OL with Feeney and Lamp on either side.

But i think we could take a Jags approach this year and start adding talent to the defense. For an offense that averaged around middle of the pack in points per game they may feel that Williams and Lamp are essentially like spending a couple high picks this year on offense. I do think we draft a RB in the middle rounds. But im sort of expecting defense early.
                I concur with this. Hopefully Pulley can improve in year 2, because we all know PR is no bueno with pressure up the middle. I would still like to take a OT early because Barksdale is still a weak link and can they really expect Okung to play a full 16 games next year. It will be interesting to see how the draft shakes up but I kinda like we will have picks in the middle of each round this year

Comment

• RTPbolt
                  Charger Fan till the end
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Carolina
                  • Send PM

OT should be a priority in top 3 rounds or a FA. Bark i think is not good starting material and Dunlop is injury prone. Im ok at guard if Slausen returns as we have depth with Lamp, Feeney and Wiggins but OT we could really use an anchor RT through FA or draft.

ive never watched Hard knocks but I agree after a solid season it would be great exposure to grow the fan base and Id love to see more of this team so why not.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Panamamike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dunlop?
                • Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Me too
                    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny