Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

London game vs. Titans announced

Chargers Return to London in 2018

Thursday, January 11, 2018 7:55 AM PST

The Los Angeles Chargers are one of six NFL teams who will compete in the 2018 London Games when they play host to the Tennessee Titans at Wembley Stadium in either Week 7, Sunday, Oct. 21 or Week 8, Sunday, Oct. 28.A.G. SpanosPhilip Rivers Roger Goodellwww.ticketmaster.com/nfl to ensure they receive all the latest information. Additionally, fans can sign up at www.chargers.com/london for the latest information about the Chargers trip abroad to London.

Last edited by Bolt-O; 01-11-2018, 09:09 AM.
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Yuk.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

At least the Bye week is in the middle of the schedule and the game isn't in November. I'm considering the road trip...

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

The unis, the lighting bolts and the pass happy offense led by Rivers will give a great show to the Brits. Nothing left but to enjoy seeing the Chargers at the sacred turf of Wembley.By the end of the game there will be new Chargers fans in England.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Hate the whole thing. No one cares about the NFL in the UK. It is all a waste of time. At least Acee can make some jokes about the home field for our team.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Hate they are going to London. Nobody in the US cares about London and im not getting up at 5am to watch the second half. Just one reason why the NFL is losing ratings. FU Goodell!

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

NFL Games in London are attracting big crowds.Total attendance for LAC was 202,000 (For the year). And Im not trying to argue or defend. Just Showing the facts. In one game they will have one third of the total attendance.
              2017 September 24 Baltimore Ravens 7 Jacksonville Jaguars 44 United Kingdom London Wembley Stadium 84,592 None Verizon, Yahoo! Sports
              October 1 New Orleans Saints 20 Miami Dolphins 0 United Kingdom London Wembley Stadium 84,423 None Fox
              October 22 Arizona Cardinals 0 Los Angeles Rams 33 United Kingdom London Twickenham Stadium 73,736 None Fox
              October 29 Minnesota Vikings 33 Cleveland Browns 16 United Kingdom London Twickenham Stadium 74,237 None NFLN
              November 19 New England Patriots 33 Oakland Raiders 8 Mexico Mexico City Estadio Azteca 77,357 None CBS
              Last edited by foreigner; 01-11-2018, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                NFL Games in London are attracting big crowds.Total attendance for LAC was 202,000 (For the year). And Im not trying to argue or defend. Just Showing the facts. In one game they will have one third of the total attendance.
                2017 September 24 Baltimore Ravens 7 Jacksonville Jaguars 44 United Kingdom London Wembley Stadium 84,592 None Verizon, Yahoo! Sports
                October 1 New Orleans Saints 20 Miami Dolphins 0 United Kingdom London Wembley Stadium 84,423 None Fox
                October 22 Arizona Cardinals 0 Los Angeles Rams 33 United Kingdom London Twickenham Stadium 73,736 None Fox
                October 29 Minnesota Vikings 33 Cleveland Browns 16 United Kingdom London Twickenham Stadium 74,237 None NFLN
                November 19 New England Patriots 33 Oakland Raiders 8 Mexico Mexico City Estadio Azteca 77,357 None CBS
                So! That was Spanos choice. It was said they would make money if NOBODY attended the games. For me i dont give a rats ass how many people go to the games there. I hope the ratings keep dropping here.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-11-2018, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Just have to get used to the idea of playing internationally for 2018 and 2019. The games start at 6.30 am Pacific, and they will have more in Wembley than 3 games in Stub Hub. I do think that they looked at the home schedule and thought that the Titans might have been the smallest draw, and they haven't yet played in London as well. For 2019, the Chargers are projected to have the Packers and Vikings... I think the Packers will be picked next season, as they haven't been to London as well..

Comment

• vinabolt
                    Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
                    • Feb 2015
                    • Send PM

Hopefully our London game will mean that we've avoid the Hard Knocks plague. (?)
                    Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Bolt-O commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You're forgetting that the Chargers are being run like a TV show... at least on the business side.
                  • bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    At least the Bye week is in the middle of the schedule and the game isn't in November. I'm considering the road trip...
                    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      Just have to get used to the idea of playing internationally for 2018 and 2019. The games start at 6.30 am Pacific, and they will have more in Wembley than 3 games in Stub Hub. I do think that they looked at the home schedule and thought that the Titans might have been the smallest draw, and they haven't yet played in London as well. For 2019, the Chargers are projected to have the Packers and Vikings... I think the Packers will be picked next season, as they haven't been to London as well..
                      If im the owner id say no everytime too. Why have a west coast team go to London? Why not Mexico if they have to do that shit? I don't see being picked as a positive.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Bolt-O commented
                        Editing a comment
                        To me, it's not a positive, but a consequence of the move. Teams that are relocating to a new stadium are required to give up one "home" game.
                    Working...
                    X