• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darth Sergious
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The continuing saga of the search for Rivers heir

Just stumbled upon this article, fake news or real deal? if indeed QB is deep next year, maybe April 2019 is the best time to go for a QB?
    The final Top247 for the class of 2018 is in. Is this the best QB class ever?

This team has upside thanks to a few young pivotal pieces in place (pass rush, pass def, off skills), which leads me believe 2018 - 2019 push year, 2020 fade in fade out year, 2021 push year redux.
  • Jagged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Omaha, Nebraska
    • Send PM

Comment

• Blue Thunder
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Arlington, TX
      • Send PM

Keep in mind that the QBs mentioned in this article are current high school seniors, so the earliest that they would be draft eligible would be 2021.

Comment

• chargerkdb
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
        • Send PM

Philip produced plenty of heirs. He just needs to hang in there until ones ready

Comment

• Panamamike
          Panamamike commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahahahaha......funny as hell

• Darth Sergious
          Darth Sergious commented
          Editing a comment
          Win!!!! hahahahahaha

• Charged4Life
          Charged4Life commented
          Editing a comment
          Well done!
      • blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

My head fits just nicely in the sand, thanks.

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

I think we have a few years before we must find a new qb. That said if its a deep class this or nextyear and a guy we really like is there in the second or third that needs development im not opposed to take one to sit 2-3 years to be very ready when the time comes. Jones i think has potential and certainly has the measurables so could be that guy too...maybe under Rivers care he can turn the corner, i just dont know though I do have hope he can grow and obviously TT and Lynn wouldnt have invested a 2018 pick on hi tobe a #3 qb they intend to jettison.

I do think the staff needs to realize Clemmons value is only as study mate for Rivers...he has been poor in sub duty and isnt he nearly as old as Rivers? so frankly I would tell him we want to bring him on as a QB coach type role so Rivers has his guy but we put Jones into the 2 spot and develop him as much as possible and consider a third qb from udfa or draft.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I have read some draft experts saying Chargers will draft Josh Allen in the first round. Would seem a great fit for him, as he has some work to do but has all the skills you look for plus he can run like a deer, something Chargers have never really had. But I have seen other mocks/experts saying Allen goes to the Browns number one overall.

I really do think Telesco will take whoever is top of their board with the first pick. Chargers don't have any needs that are so glaring they have to go a definite way in the first round. Just pick a great player. And they should get one...OT, DT, LB, S. And please, please do not trade up!

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
              I have read some draft experts saying Chargers will draft Josh Allen in the first round. Would seem a great fit for him, as he has some work to do but has all the skills you look for plus he can run like a deer, something Chargers have never really had. But I have seen other mocks/experts saying Allen goes to the Browns number one overall.

I really do think Telesco will take whoever is top of their board with the first pick. Chargers don't have any needs that are so glaring they have to go a definite way in the first round. Just pick a great player. And they should get one...OT, DT, LB, S. And please, please do not trade up!

TG
              Yeah I hope they pass on QB and take the BPA....Browns need to shop that #1 pick....they can still get a good QB at #4
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

The other thing about lists like this to consider:

How many of the top QB in the NFL were ever on those lists? I am sure guys like Elway and Manning were, the others....probably not. And there area few highly ranked QB every year, and yet some of them don't work out in college, let alone the NFL.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
                  I think that means a lot of nothing. Amazing how Kiper and McShay make their living to be draft experts and arent anymore right than some fans...and they have contacts in the NFL.

That said id skip a first and second round QB this year. Look for one in 2019 or 2020.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                    Charger Fan till the end
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Carolina
                    • Send PM

I think Rivers can last another 3 years pretty comfortably. Im fine with waiting another year or 2. Id like a guy on the bench a year or two under Rivers to soak up as much as possible vs being forced in as a rookie. Learn good prep and practice skills I think pays off. Its still rare to have a Wentz type that comes out quickly and can stay on top.

I want to ride the River boat as long as possible. Hes durable as they come and has a passion I dont think will die ever. Top 5 qb pretty much every year and even his poor years were mainly due to a sieve of an oline. It will be hard to say when he will be done.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

It will be interesting to see if Jones make progress this offseason. He has great arm talent and the intangibles to win a National Championship. Now that he nows the offense (something he didn't last year), he has a chance to show what he can do.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        Mister Hoarse commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It worries me that they had him run the scout team offense all year instead of getting him immersed in our own offense.

• Steve
                        Steve commented
                        Editing a comment
                        How would any QB get better if not to run plays in practice? Once he gets better in practice, they can think about putting him in the game. You gotta crawl before you can walk.
                    Working...
                    X