• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I wonder what it feels like

for your long-suffering franchise to finally win a championship. Congrats, Eagles fans.

Maybe one day we'll have that feeling. Hopefully in one of our lifetimes. Maybe that 12 year old kid who stumbles onto this site and decides to join will see them win a super bowl when he turns 99. Pay it forward to all the Power Blues brothers/sisters of past/current/future.

ESPN Screename: GoBolts02
  • Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I have a good friend from college who grew up and Philly and was sending me videos of the celebration afterwards.

Spoke with him this morning and you could hear the excitement in his voice. Good to see a long suffering franchise win on the big stage.

Besides the boneheaded move to go for 2 early I thought Pederson coached a hell of a game. The following is an article on MMQB which I found was a good read. Biggest takeaway I got from the article was he knew he would have to continue to put pressure on the Pats and not go into turtle mode.

Target left bunch, Philly special will go down in Philly loreTarget left bunch, Philly special.Target left bunch, Philly special. Bears running back Jeremy Langford took a direct snap from center, quarterback Matt Barkley lined up behind the right tackle, and wideout Cam Meredith circled back behind Langford and took a pitch from him. Barkley leaked out of the backfield into the end zone. No one covered him. At the 11-yard line, Meredith tossed the ball to Barkley, two yards deep in the end zone. Touchdown. Watch that playErnie Adams This is about to be a touchdown,

The Eagles were as euphoric a team in the locker room as I recall after a Super Bowl. Pure happiness. Not a bit of guile. Reich said it, Pederson said it, a couple of players said it: This was a great football gam

How the surprise touchdown pass to Nick Foles encapsulated everything about this world championship team in Philadelphia

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Yeah, I liked his coaching style. Of course it can go both ways - if they had failed on that 4th and goal and ultimately somehow lost the game...the criticism would have been unreal. Live by the sword, die by the sword I guess.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• richpjr
        richpjr commented
        Editing a comment
        Collinsworth's hyperbole on that play was driving me nuts. Yes, it was a great play and worked but at the time they were already up by 3 late in the first half. It's not like they won they game on that play.
    • BlazingBolt
      SLAM DUNK!
      • Jun 2013
      • East County San Diego
      • Bolt fanatic
      • Send PM

Now the NFC East is the only division where all teams have won the Superbowl. Nice if the AFC West was next.
      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

I still think it is not as aggressive and reckless as some people claim. It was a great play call, but even if you didn't have that play for that, it is still less risky then giving NE the ball back with a FG and letting them drive down and get in FG range themselves. Pin them deep in their own territory, it would have been almost impossible to drive down and get any points. It was worth the risk of not scoring yourself to pin NE back. And the TD helped offset NE getting the ball back in the 2nd half.
        Last edited by Steve; 02-05-2018, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• captaind
          Cook This Pork Chops
          • Jun 2013
          • Mars
          • Ball Holder
          • Send PM

Could be worse. We could have just spent millions on a fraud with a pencil shoved up in his hat. I guess it was inevitable that some desperate team finally bought Pencil Boy's little gimmick.

Comment

• pigskin
            pigskin commented
            Editing a comment
            At least the Loins have a coach unlike the Joshyless Colts.

• captaind
            captaind commented
            Editing a comment
            Colts don’t realize it, but it was probably for the better.
        • UtahBolt
          Did we win?
          • Jun 2013
          • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
          • Send PM

Try to envision what a Bolts Super Bowl victory would like now? There would be no massive celebration in the streets, no victory parade, etc. Basically it would be just be a blip on the sports world radar which sucks because we have all been waiting so long to see it happen. If/when it does happen it will be dramatically different than what anyone of us ever imagined or hoped for over the years. It would be weird, not only for us as fans of the team but I think for the NFL and all fans of other teams. It might even turn into a bit of a joke as the quietest world championship in history. Just weird...
          I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

Working...
          X