• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

My biggest hope for the remainder of the season is that we beat Denver. Pulling out another big win on the road and a seventh win would be a perfect cap to a really sound rebuild Year One.

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
      My biggest hope for the remainder of the season is that we beat Denver. Pulling out another big win on the road and a seventh win would be a perfect cap to a really sound rebuild Year One.
      And cost me $10.00.

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Weather is going to be a factor in this game. Daytime projected high is only 51 and 27 overnight- probably around freezing during the game. The ground will be hard and still frozen underneath and probably slippery. IMO, Downhill running game and simple but stout defense are keys to a win.
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
          Weather is going to be a factor in this game. Daytime projected high is only 51 and 27 overnight- probably around freezing during the game. The ground will be hard and still frozen underneath and probably slippery. IMO, Downhill running game and simple but stout defense are keys to a win.
          Was at the game in KC, and at kickoff, it was about 20 degrees. It finally "warmed up" to about 30 by the end of the game. I was surprised that our guys did as well as they did
          in that weather, so hopefully that won't be as much a contributing factor as the Broncos offense vs our defense.

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
            Was at the game in KC, and at kickoff, it was about 20 degrees. It finally "warmed up" to about 30 by the end of the game. I was surprised that our guys did as well as they did
            in that weather, so hopefully that won't be as much a contributing factor as the Broncos offense vs our defense.
            this is a night game, so temps will be going down as time passes. What I've experienced in CO recently is temp drops after sunset by about 10 degrees per hour until it hits its low point. Just checked my local weather in SW CO and its showing -6 with Sun already out. Cold will affect both teams, but I am thinking the most complicated passing game suffers most.
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• MakoShark
              Disgruntled
              • Jun 2013
              • North Alabama
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
              this is a night game, so temps will be going down as time passes. What I've experienced in CO recently is temp drops after sunset by about 10 degrees per hour until it hits its low point. Just checked my local weather in SW CO and its showing -6 with Sun already out. Cold will affect both teams, but I am thinking the most complicated passing game suffers most.
              What is the wind expected to be like? Cold with calm winds is easy to play through. A little bit of wind can change things dramatically.
              sigpic

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

If Denver gave up that many points and yards to the Titans yesterday (with Fitzpatrick at QB), I like the Chargers chances.

Of course, I said something like this in our previous matchup against them, and their Defense then turned in their best performance of the season.

So it's probably just the "curse of coachmarkos".
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• thelightningwill
                  Go Aztecs and Pads
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

To win we need to be on point on offense. Their offense can put up a lot of points even with limited time of possession and bad field position. But if we play our best offensively we can do the same thing.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Fluker was limping a little at the end of the game, however Dunlap survived the game without another head/neck injury. Donkeys will bring the heat, so I'm hoping that the OL will be intact for Thursday.

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

The Fluker ankle strain is worrisome. There's a very quick turnaround for this game and Von Miller is on the other side this weekend.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                        Did we win?
                        • Jun 2013
                        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                        • Send PM

If the weather is dry than it will not be a factor. Cold is cold: cold and wet is a game changer.

Don't forget in the first matchup we let them bracket half time with scores (score to end the half and then score to start, which is what we did to KC), you give that up and it seems you almost always lose. We have to avoid that this time...it was the difference in the last game. In fact, let's not just avoid it...let us be the team that does it!
                        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

Working...
                        X