First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Looks like the International Olympics Committee made the right call for the '16 games.

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

Originally posted by pumpkinhead80 View Post
      fans here are rabid, we have a lot of protection when it comes to players and the refs though. all the security getting in, all the security in the stands and on the field. just don't think they put as much effort out in countries like that.

the rioting in brazil is over government corruption, ever increasing taxes and fees, etc.
      You have really missed the point...which is imagine if there wasn't that security that we take for granted and a ref had to worry about repercussions for making a bad call.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Hoculi logo:
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
          Looks like the International Olympics Committee made the right call for the '16 games.
          it's almost as if they were corrupt or something, haha

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
            You have really missed the point...which is imagine if there wasn't that security that we take for granted and a ref had to worry about repercussions for making a bad call.
            they don't? people hard core enough can still get to them. those people are out there.

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

and also, if a ref here had murdered a player on the field no amount of security would be able to protect him if enough people decided to take justice into their own hands.

Comment

• Scottbbo1
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Folsom, Ca
                • Send PM

I guess my big shocker is the quartering.. I have not heard of that being done in like, a century.when they used to draw and quartar someone, thye attached ropes to the arms and legs of a person to 4 horses and had them gallup in 4 different directions ripping off their arms and legs. pretty damn barbaric.

Comment

• SDFan
                  Woober Goober
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Dolores, CO
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                  AS long as we're off-track here, I'd rather imagine a popular uprising in the streets leading to removal of our president and putting him under House Arrest and jailing other members of his party like in Egypt...
                  Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

Originally posted by Scottbbo1 View Post
                    I guess my big shocker is the quartering.. I have not heard of that being done in like, a century.when they used to draw and quartar someone, thye attached ropes to the arms and legs of a person to 4 horses and had them gallup in 4 different directions ripping off their arms and legs. pretty damn barbaric.
                    they could have done it with brute force of their hands, or with edged weapons in this case. i haven't seen the specifics. it doesn't seem that horses were available in this instance.

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                      AS long as we're off-track here, I'd rather imagine a popular uprising in the streets leading to removal of our president and putting him under House Arrest and jailing other members of his party like in Egypt...
                      a lot more than just the pres and his crew. i'd go back a few presidents and different branches of government.

Comment

• Charged up
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by pumpkinhead80 View Post
                        i think you guys are missing the fact that the ref murdered a player on the field with a knife, and a big part of the mob who tore him to pieces were the players family and friends who watched on in horror as the little fuck did this.
                        I read a few stories on this incident. Sounded like the player was getting very physical. It's never ok to take a life, but there is point you have to protect yourself.

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

Originally posted by Charged up View Post
                          I read a few stories on this incident. Sounded like the player was getting very physical. It's never ok to take a life, but there is point you have to protect yourself.
                          pulling the knife on a player maybe i could go for protecting himself.

Comment

Working...
                          X