• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RollingThunder
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Don't stress bro, it's the offseason and not much news.

BTW Weren't you upgraded yesterday?

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
      Don't stress bro, it's the offseason and not much news.

BTW Weren't you upgraded yesterday?
      Yeah bud they said we needed the Pulsar VPS? I think thats what its called. Eugene set me up huge. He was amazing. I said i would ask you and i guess you approved it because they did it for free. Which was great. And the site was fine when i went to bed late.

But this morning the same issue happened. And they said they researched it and this was the response.....

"We are really sorry for all the inconveniences. Please accept our sincere apologies.

It appeared during the investigation that the server runs out of memory from time to time.

In order to avoid the issue, we highly recommend upgrading the hosting package to the Dedicated server with 16 GB of RAM memory and SSD."

So i guess what happens is that when the server runs out of time it causes a database table to crash. And at first Namecheap would tell me its a VB problem. Buts happening because of the server time out i guess.

At any rate they suggested another upgrade. Looks like its $130 a month for what they suggested. I told them id try to get in touch with you. Is that something you think you can covered for us? Im not stressing it either way. Its not a very busy community anymore. So moving to a small free forum with server coverage is a good idea imo.

And i have no doubt you would let us use the Thepowderblues.com domain. It makes it easier on you as well. As i dont have to bother you about this stuff. I hate bugging you about this stuff man.

Comment

• RollingThunder
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

No worries, I already asked them to upgrade you to dedicated. Reach out to them.

This place will never die.
        Last edited by RollingThunder; 03-08-2018, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Thanks RT. They contacted me. Ill give them the time and date after i talk with my site builder. They made it sound like some of our 3rd party mods could be affected. I need to make sure hes available for the fixes if needed. At any rate even without the mods working properly i would imagine we would still be able to use the forum. This VB forum on its own is terrible without the custom mods i have made. Most of these probably are not noticable to our members. But they will notice how much worse it is without them. VB sucks bad. Should have used Xenforo back in 2014 when we made the move.

Anyways thanks RT. Also i hope you dont mind i followed you on Insta. Just because im a big fan of your images. I like to alter images as a hobby and create a different feel to the photographs. I did one already and tagged you. Hope you dont mind. Great shots.

nnnnnnnnn.png

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
            THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
            Generous Donor
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Got the email - here watching things unfold
            NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Looks like we are set for a major dedicated server transfer tonight at Midnight. You will most likely see us offline during that time.

Once completed we may experience some technical issues regarding the software. My goal is to get this place's rough edges smoothed over by the start of free agency.

So hang in there with me guys. Im most likely going to need time to fix our custom mods if they happen to break down. As well as any other 3rd party upgrades i have installed on the site.

And if i dont notice any of these software breaks on my own...please feel free to bring them up in this thread. Ill do my best to fix our problems in a timely manner.

Comment

test

Comment

• charger1993
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Well lets hope i can find everyone lol

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    Did you gets get your email? With the link to the back up forum? As bad as it is that may end up being our new forum if we cant get this server issue fixed.
                    got it too
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Geezbolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Sun Valley, ID
                      • Send PM

I got the email.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Im in, I didn't get an email and I need the address to the back up forum in case. Been too sick from chemo it ruined my combine weekend...

Thanks again for all the love you and RT bring us Fleet!
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Got the email.

Comment

Working...
                          X