• Show
Clear All
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Gameballs

Dare I say Coach Pagano? His D played very well holding Jughead and Co to their lowest point total all year. They sacked 5-head, intercepted him and hurried him. Decker was non-factor, so was Moreno. After the opening drive it didn't look good, but they settled right in and did their job.
    sigpic
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

18 yards rushing? Thats a great job of forcing them into situations that favored us. We holed them up in the back 10 yards a few times....field possession football.

We played press D finally. Took the WRs out of rhythm and got just enough pressure to annoy jughead. We did it the last game too but had the few breakdowns that killed us. I wish we would play this style more often...hope we do. It really allowed the weaknesses in our secondary to be minimized. Just more aggressive and if we are going to just give up yards the old way why not take the aggressive style and take the chances. I think our DBs play far better without giving thevWR space.

What a fun game that was to watch for our D. So few plays by Denvers offense. They outsmarted and outplayed Denverscoffense.

Comment

• Maverick
      (Coryellian)
      • Jun 2013
      • Point Loma
      • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
      Dare I say Coach Pagano? His D played very well holding Jughead and Co to their lowest point total all year. They sacked 5-head, intercepted him and hurried him. Decker was non-factor, so was Moreno. After the opening drive it didn't look good, but they settled right in and did their job.
      MOST DEFINITELY Pagano! Good call, Mako.

Give one to Pinhead as well.....128 yds rushing & a TD, while keeping our # of plays & time of possession almost double the Donks was awesome, albeit long overdue.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Keenan Allen gets a game ball.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Scfries. 3 punts, for 42 yard average, all 3 inside the 20. 2 of the 3 inside the 10 (including the mishandled snap at the 3). We scored off the short field 2 times after forcing two 3 and outs.

Comment

• MakoShark
            Disgruntled
            • Jun 2013
            • North Alabama
            • Send PM

A Steve sighting!

Hope you're back dude!
            sigpic

Comment

• Buck
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Usual suspects.

Rivers called a brilliant game.
              Allen was spectacular when he touched the ball.
              RM24 was a beast.
              And I'm giving the entire D a gameball.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                Go Aztecs and Pads
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Only my wife touches my gameballs.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Ive got to give the ball to RM24 and the OL. It was his running that really allowed us to milk the clock. One drive took 8 minutes off the clock and we didnt even score. The time of possession difference was absurd.

I thought Wright played well but the defensive game ball goes to the entire D and Pagano.

A defense that forces 3 and outs.....and an offense that milks 40+ minutes off the clock while effectively running the ball will win you a lot of games in this league.

Thought this was a perfect game.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Gameball to the coaches.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      Ive got to give the ball to RM24 and the OL. It was his running that really allowed us to milk the clock. One drive took 8 minutes off the clock and we didnt even score. The time of possession difference was absurd.

I thought Wright played well but the defensive game ball goes to the entire D and Pagano.

A defense that forces 3 and outs.....and an offense that milks 40+ minutes off the clock while effectively running the ball will win you a lot of games in this league.

Thought this was a perfect game.
                      Could not have said it better. I agree in all points. Wright nearly got a pick too.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

The guy who made one of the most clutch plays all season (for any team) still has to be Scfries. Bad snap, handles it beautifully, and out of synch not only does he avoid the block, which would have tied the game, but nails a punt out of bound at the Denver 3, negating one of the more dangerous return guys in football.

Comment

Working...
                        X