Clear All
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

Rinehart

I am starting this thread because it annoys me to see seemingly everyone misspell Chad Rinehart's name. He's an important member of our favourite team, fer cryin' out loud, so y'all should know how to spell his name. Hell, y'all do better with Ajirotutu and single-t Mathews and just about everyone else -- not sure why Rinehart poses such difficulty. Maybe if he has his own dedicated thread, the correct spelling of his name will sink in. (Except, Stinky, you can go ahead and spell it however you want.)

Ok, so, discuss: Do we re-sign him? Get him a name change? Thoughts?
    Adipose
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

Price is going to matter. He has a very long injury history that has again been an issue this season. His contract should reflect that he's going to be a 12 game a year player. Something similar to his contract this season is well worth it. He's a bargain if he starts and a reasonably priced backup otherwise.

Comment

• SFW
      PB Official Game Thread Starter
      • Jul 2013
      • NY
      • USMC
      • Send PM

I am on record saying that I think the team should re-sign Rinehart (Rhineheart) for a similar price to his current contract and then draft an OG between rounds 2-4 (Larry Warford is great example). I also think they should then let Clary go (cap savings). They should also sign a lower tier either veteran or young player type like a Orhberger or Schiiling for depth.

They will then go into next season with Rinehart, Troutmann, and rookie competing for the top two spots with the loser being the #1 back-up.

The plan also doesn't tie up a lot of money into the position and allows the teams to focus that money elsewhere.
      1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
      2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
      3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
      4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
      5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
      6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
      7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I was very pleased with the signing of Rheinhardt when it occurred. I've been very pleased with Rhineheart's play. I say we work hard to re-sign Ryn<3.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Go Rhynohardt!!!
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
            I am starting this thread because it annoys me to see seemingly everyone misspell Chad Rinehart's name. He's an important member of our favourite team, fer cryin' out loud, so y'all should know how to spell his name. Hell, y'all do better with Ajirotutu and single-t Mathews and just about everyone else -- not sure why Rinehart poses such difficulty. Maybe if he has his own dedicated thread, the correct spelling of his name will sink in. (Except, Stinky, you can go ahead and spell it however you want.)

Ok, so, discuss: Do we re-sign him? Get him a name change? Thoughts?
            Fuck you.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I don't think you bring him back. Go younger and cheaper an hopefully healthier.
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

move him to Safety
                Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                  I don't think you bring him back. Go younger and cheaper an hopefully healthier.
                  He's 28. Hardly over the hill. Injury prone yes. We are already paying him backup type money.

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

Maybe I'm in the minority but this o-line group has been pretty impressive to me (despite the injuries). I wouldn't want to break it up next year.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                      Go Aztecs and Pads
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Rinestone is okay.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

If we go into next season, I wouldn't mind seeing us stand pat with the exception of adding a rookie to backup Hardwick. C is a mental game, and I wouldn't mind the idea of allowing a young player to learn from Hardwick for a year or two.

With Harris coming back to backup at OT, we could have a pretty strong group, especially if Harris shows as much improvement in his technique as he did this past offseason. Harris has a ways to go, but he looked like a new player when he got to play.

Comment

Working...
                        X