• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

A lesson was learned that day...

On the Darren Smith show today he stated that a annonomus source in the know from inside the Chargers org said that McCoy and his stafff learned something in the Redskin game and since on 3rd and short have run power and convirted 16 or 17 or 17 of 18 (can't remember).

I know its a new staff a young staff, but this proves that some of us can see things that those too close to it can not...

I have been saying for years you don't get cute down inside the ten, you man up and power it in downhill running. (Once you establish that is your game lan inside the ten, then you can occaionaly pull off a trisk play, but not if you go to the well too many times.) IMO Norv would go to the well too many times in the long ball passing game and McCoy with his Woodhead draw plays in the redzone.
    Go Rivers!
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Coaches learning from their mistakes?

That's unpossible
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• sandiego17
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Coaches, like most professionals, learn from experience and continually learn. Does that mean the game was or is to big for them?

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
        Coaches, like most professionals, learn from experience and continually learn. Does that mean the game was or is to big for them?
        I'd say the decisions made on that goal line stand were bad decisions. That moment seemed to be too big for the coaches.

I believe if you look at the game day thread at that moment most everyone here agreed.

Learning from those moments is what is most important this season.
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• sandiego17
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          I'd say the decisions made on that goal line stand were bad decisions. That moment seemed to be too big for the coaches.

I believe if you look at the game day thread at that moment most everyone here agreed.

Learning from those moments is what is most important this season.
          Regardless of agreement or disagreement, a moment is a far cry from Acee's ridiculous statement that "the game is to big" for McCoy. I've seen Belicheat's curious decision lead directly to a loss in the past as well. Never thought the game was to big for him.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
            Regardless of agreement or disagreement, a moment is a far cry from Acee's ridiculous statement that "the game is to big" for McCoy. I've seen Belicheat's curious decision lead directly to a loss in the past as well. Never thought the game was to big for him.
            I don't think you can compare the 2
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• sandiego17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I do. Maybe not accomplishments (although McCoy's first season won't end in double digit losses), but moments they learn from? Never thought the game was to big for either.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I like to think that McCoy is going into the game. Maybe it was too big for him at first, but the more he grows into it the better he gets. If we are lucky maybe someday he will grow into his pressers and the media will like him better.

IMO as far as the media is conserned. I think the team is giving more access to TV and Radio, and less to print as print is :notdeadyet:
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• thelightningwill
                  Go Aztecs and Pads
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

If that's true, good. I never thought Norv ever improved as our coach.

Comment

• TABF
                    Por debajo del promedio
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoCal
                    • Send PM

Scott & BR have a staffer that uses one of the online NFL grading sites and the staffer gets a bit deeper into the weeds. He said the best value on the team is Big King Dunlap. Chargers are 2-3 without Dunlap in the game. Supposedly, he (Dunlap) grades out higher than any LT in the game based on the amount of positive play grades he has (running plays). They said we average about 6.8 yards a carry behind him!

I wish he didn't have the concussion problems, he sure has been pleasent!

Comment

Working...
                    X