Clear All
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    If they are going to do anything, when they go to the nickle, put Williams outside and move Gilchrist back inside. A lot of times teams will move their starters around to allow a smaller less physical player to come in the game at CB or S. We have been doing it a lot with Addae, so that Weddle can be closer to the ball.
    I wouldn't be too surprised if the starter opposite Wright next year is either Marshall, Patrick, or Williams. Gilchrist excels at nickle but I'm not sure I'd want him outside.
    Adipose

Comment

• thelightningwill
      Go Aztecs and Pads
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Don't get rid of the corners we got until we get somebody who is better. Bad is better than worse.

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
        I wouldn't be too surprised if the starter opposite Wright next year is either Marshall, Patrick, or Williams. Gilchrist excels at nickle but I'm not sure I'd want him outside.
        agreed. reading the TT interview, nowhere is he mentioning finding a starting CB. For that matter no word on a new starting SS or NT or OLB- even though some posters insist acquiring all 4 of those are needs this offseason.
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
          agreed. reading the TT interview, nowhere is he mentioning finding a starting CB. For that matter no word on a new starting SS or NT or OLB- even though some posters insist acquiring all 4 of those are needs this offseason.
          Well, I'd be curious to hear what TT thinks ARE 'needs', if your interpretation is that he doesn't feel that CB, SS, NT, or OLB are.

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            Well, I'd be curious to hear what TT thinks ARE 'needs', if your interpretation is that he doesn't feel that CB, SS, NT, or OLB are.
            its not my interpretation- check the TT interview. Now maybe he doesn't want to telegraph any moves they might make in FA or the draft by specifying "NEEDS", but taken at face value it seems like Admission by Omission. They may in fact think they have enough bodies on the current roster & coming off IR to field most of the 22 starters they would need next year. Hopefully, if that is the case (that they feel confident in what they have and aren't desperate for certain position players)- it won't lead to carelessness and reaches in the draft the way it did with AJ.
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
              its not my interpretation- check the TT interview. Now maybe he doesn't want to telegraph any moves they might make in FA or the draft by specifying "NEEDS", but taken at face value it seems like Admission by Omission. They may in fact think they have enough bodies on the current roster & coming off IR to field most of the 22 starters they would need next year. Hopefully, if that is the case (that they feel confident in what they have and aren't desperate for certain position players)- it won't lead to carelessness and reaches in the draft the way it did with AJ.
              I was thinking that, too (not wanting to telegraph anything). 'Cause I can't believe he'd feel confident with the roster even with all the guys coming back from injury. We clearly need a pass rush, more OL bodies (quality), and DB help...IMO.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Cheap Ownership logo:
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X