• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Bolts eliminated

And don't talk about that .5 % chance. Denver was our SB.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Not yet.

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      Not yet.
      Fixed it for you "Not This Year"

Comment

• MrSparky
        • Dec 2013
        • Send PM

Who knows. We are still in the hunt, however remote the chances the Ravens and Dolphins lose out. I agree it's not in the cards but that doesn't mean it's not possible... it's even somehow possible for the Steelers and Jets to get in haha

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Don't know why, but the Jets are now eliminated.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Time to buy this lottery tickets.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panama
              パナマ
              • Aug 2013
              • London
              • Opera singer and web developer.
              • Send PM

We're not eliminated yet.

Ravens host a Patriots team seeking revenge and then travel to Cincinnati. Chances if losing both pretty good.

Dolphins are at the Bills and then host the Jets. Okay, not looking great, but both the Bills and the Jets have shown occasional flashes. Miami could have a post-big-game swoon and freeze up in Buffalo. This is the hardest part of the equation, though.

And we close out with two winnable games against the Raiders and Chiefs.

Yeah, the odds are against us, but this was never meant to be a playoff year anyway. We have a better chance to make it than the year we nipped the Broncos at the end. Let's enjoy the final two weeks and see how the chips fall.
              Adipose

Comment

• RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

I agree with Panama....it would have just been gravy getting into the playoffs. You never know but I wouldn't have expected us to get very far given our depth challenges and certainly our defense. I look at this year as a transition year. We actually proved we can compete with ANY team....AND we beat playoff teams all year. Yes we did struggle at times and had a few games with errors that cost us games. However in 14 games we what lost only 1 game by more than 7 points, right? That's pretty decent given our complete roster makeover on defense and changes we've made.

Year 2 and 3 really could be good years IMO. Need to continue the rebuilding of a few more starters on defense and build the depth. I'm happy we have depth with starting experience now. I do see our very, very young secondary as having improved at the player level....not perfect but I'm more comfortable knowing they have a year into the system and they are aggressive. Marshall, Addae and Patrick now compared to early in the season I really see marked improvement from. Hopefully Pagano is figuring out the style of play the D excels at is bringing those CBs up on the WRs and let them play a little more aggressive style on the WRs to force situations rather than react to situations. If we can manhandle Denver and Giants with that style of defense I hope its used as our base more than the latter.

At this point its fighting for pride in our Division. Lets go kick some Oakland tail and show KC it wasnt a fluke win in KC. I'd like to be 4 and 2 in the division at the end of this. 9-7 or even 8-8 to ME is a positive for this team. It shows we can fight through what turned out to be a tough schedule with the improvement in KC and heck even Oakland isnt as inept as they have been. Beating teams during their winning peaks in Dallas, Indy, Giants, Philly, KC and Denver shows we've got what it takes to fight good teams...so frustrating in our best years we played playoff caliber teams and just turtled up...now we are actually out muscling those types of teams and getting the wins even in away games. We clean up the roster with fine tuning, keep the systems going and year 2 and 3 of this transition may just bring something special.

Happy Holidays!

RTPbolt

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

I still think this is a good test for young players. There are always going to be times when you don't have that emotion that we associate with being all fired up. Good teams find a way to play at a high level even then. They demand a level of performance that allows them to beat teams, even when they are not fired up, or even playing at their highest level. This is good practice.

Besides, as I have said before, I don't think there is a substantial difference between the quality of players available in the few draft spots that we would shift. We are drafting outside of those guys who are clearly a lot better then everyone else (usually top 10). Not that it is much easier to hit on players in the area we draft at. Just that there are good players there, if you know what to look for.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoDak
                    • Technology Director
                    • Send PM

That fat lady isn't singing yet.

But she was heard warming up in the hallway.
                    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

What was the percentage the year we went from 4-8 to 8-8 to win the division? The probability was pretty low there too. I doubt it happens, but just let them win out and see what happens.

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Opera singer and web developer.
                        • Send PM

The great news is we don't have to win both our games to make the playoffs!

That's right, we can still make the playoffs at 8-7-1, if the Ravens and Dolphins lose out.

The odds of making the playoffs at either 9-7 or 8-7-1 are 3.2%. The overall odds of making the playoffs are 0.9%.

Still alive but not clinched: Pittsburgh (1.1% if finish 8-8, 0.3% overall), Baltimore (41.2% overall), Miami (70.2% overall), Cincinnati (88.8% overall), New England (98.6% overall).

Stats courtesy of http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NFL/A.../SanDiego.html.
                        Adipose

Comment

Working...
                        X