• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Merry Christmas all. That was a heck of a present we found gift wrapped under the tree.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargerkdb
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
      • Send PM

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

He has done a good job. Why would you think he would screw it up?
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

I really kinda thought that unless someone goofed and took James instead of Fitzpatrick, that one of the two S would get to us. But James being more of a SS type was really not that likely to go until after 15, 16 at the earliest. I was pretty confident.

Comment

• Charged4Life
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            I really kinda thought that unless someone goofed and took James instead of Fitzpatrick, that one of the two S would get to us. But James being more of a SS type was really not that likely to go until after 15, 16 at the earliest. I was pretty confident.
            Who are we taking in the 2nd round?

Comment

• Geezbolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Sun Valley, ID
              • Send PM

FWIW, I was listening to the ESPN Radio Draft Broadcast last night. They were interviewing Denzel Ward and asked him who was the best receiver he faced in college. He said, without hesitation, it was Mike Williams from Clemson. That made me feel a little better about our #1 last year.

Comment

• Boltx
                Boltx commented
                Editing a comment
                He killed them in the playoffs a couple of years ago. Nobody could cover him. I hope he is getting healthy, it'll be like getting two first rounders this year.
            • Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              Crap, I really like Michel and hate that New England got him. Was hoping he would fall to is in the 2nd but it was wishful thinking
              Agreed, I liked him a lot too. Perfect type of Pats pick and I'm sure he will be super productive for them.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• bonehead
                Undrafted
                • Jul 2013
                • TBD
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
                FWIW, I was listening to the ESPN Radio Draft Broadcast last night. They were interviewing Denzel Ward and asked him who was the best receiver he faced in college. He said, without hesitation, it was Mike Williams from Clemson. That made me feel a little better about our #1 last year.
                Nice
                Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Right, I couldn't be bothered waking up at 3am to watch Team Spanos whiff on another draft pick.
                  But when I woke up at 7, I read this thread and it was almost as cool as watching the draft live!
                  If ever any of you guys find yourself in the wrong time zone draft night, just wait until the next morning because reading this thread was the most excited I've been about the Bolts since they left SD! The guys no one predicted in the top of the first( Miller, Davenport) really gave me hope that my guy James, or Edmunds would drop. And the anticiapation was killing me but I read the thread REALLY slowly and didn't jump ahead.
                  Thanks to everyone for the entertainment.
                  Go James and Go Bolts!

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Two teams traded up to get LBs. Not bad for a non-critical position. Lol
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Bucs investigating after angry fan tweets threat to G.M.Tampa Bay Times, Buccaneers team security is investigating
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Panamamike commented
                        Editing a comment
                        So....no problem with Jonathan Martin tweets? The ex-wolverine threatening his ex coach? Refs getting death threats after fans think the ref cost their team in March madness etc etc etc ? Sorry, I disagree. Voice displeasure, disgust, get as pissed off as ya want. PC...don’t give a shit about it. Threaten to kill people and there should be consequences for that. Just my opinion.

• Formula 21
                        Formula 21 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        There is no defense for tweeting death threats. It should carry punishment. And I would like to thanks Licht for his draft pick.

• Gwynning_Spirit
                        Gwynning_Spirit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm in favor of big brother keeping an eye on things and intervening to keep things safe or to try to help someone who's lost it, or about to lose it. So no, I'm glad Martin did tweet that. That dude has his problems, and I'd much rather he post about it before doing something so that maybe someone can look into intervening in case something were about to happen. And I'm glad for the rest for the same reasons, as I stated before. You take away somebody's voice, they're more likely to take unfortunate action instead.

This is like the Feds shutting down that Backpage shit. A Prof at SDSU was saying how this screws them up because they were proficient in using the site to unmask predators and traffickers. Now that the site is gone, it will go underground, and make it harder for law enforcement to catch them or keep an eye on them.

There already are consequences if somebody tweets death threats, they are going to get investigated. But does the mob and the media get to decide what the punishment should be if the police decline to prosecute?
                    • Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Tom Telesco Gets a Couple of Surprises During the Draft

The Chargers general manager had to deal with a couple curveballs during the draft

By Kyle Posey Apr 30, 2018, 8:00am PDT

Last year, I wrote about how . This year, it was a tad different. There were surprises, arguments, challenges, and when it was all said and done, the ChargersThursday pre-draft

For the second year in a row I wrote about the rumors I was hearing. For the second year in a row I mentioned the player they coveted. Last year there was a change of heart with Garrett Bolles. This year? The team had no idea that Derwin James would fall to them at 17. In that article I mentioned the Chargers had narrowed it down to five players. Three defensive tackles, a linebacker, and James. The linebacker was Rashaan Evans, who they ended up passing on. The defensive tackles were, in order, Taven Bryan, Vita VeaBryan, even if each of the tackles and Evans were available. I made a damn video breaking down BryanOn the clock at 17

Roquan Smith was number one on their board. Odds of Smith falling to 17 were about as good as you or I winning the lottery. Slimmer than slim. If Minkah Fitzpatrick slid, the team supposedly was interested in going up and getting him. Fitzpatrick did just that. Four quarterbacks going in the top 10 pushed him down. Fitzpatrick ended up going to the Dolphinsvery interesting. Raiders, like only they could do, reached on an offensive tackle that was supposed to go more towards the end of the second round.

Now, all of the sudden, a new name surfaces. Sitting at pick 16, the Chargers were staring the uber-athletic Tremaine Edmunds in the face. Another player they had no clue would fall to them. I was told Edmunds was going to be the pick at 17 had he been there. As the team thought Edmunds would fall into their laps, Buffalo traded up for the second time in the 1st round. Like that, Edmunds was a figment of their imagination. In a matter of 7 minutes the shift focused back to James and Bryan. The room was split. Even with James higher on the board, there were a handful of members in the room that still coveted the high-upside Bryan.
                      James was the pick.
                      Bryan kept sliding. The Chargers really, really wanted him. In NFL circles it was known that the JaguarsPatriotsFeisty FridayMalik JeffersonJoey BosaLorenzo Carter, who is also a player that can play multiple spots. Nwosu is the better football player now. Carter being the higher upside. Between Nwosu, Carter, and Jefferson, the Chargers made the correct pick. Like Jefferson, Carter fell to the 3rd round.

Leading up to the third round

The team needed help at defensive tackle with Corey Liuget being suspended for four games. The team was eyeing a few defensive tackles at their pick. B.J. Hill out of North Carolina State, Derrick Nnandi out of Florida state, and Harrison PhillipsRoyce FreemanMelvin Gordon next year and would be able to let him walk with a back like Freeman on the roster.
                      With the fifth pick in the 3rd round, the Giants selected Hill. Two picks later Freeman was selected by the Broncos. There goes the Chargers two top targets. Four picks later the Chiefs traded up for Nnandi. Two targets gone to two division foes.

On the clock in the 3rd round

I thought Phillips would be the pick. I was wrong. Like James and Nwosu before him, the versatility theme continued. The team selected Justin Jones as they feel like he can play both defensive tackle spots, unlike Phillips. Jones has the flashes, strength and energy they really look for at the position. So he was the pick.

On the clock in the 4th roundMike Pounceysneaky fast wide receiver that might see some snaps at H-back. As well as running back that a lot of draft folks are very, very high on. One thing that jumps out right away with Justin Jackson
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
                        richpjr commented
                        Editing a comment
                        For the second year in a row, this guy speculates wildly as only he can.

• Fleet
                        Fleet commented
                        Editing a comment
                        He tries so hard to make it look like he has an insider. He doesn't.
                    Working...
                    X