Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Love it..

Quessenberry:
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

We should give this kid a trip to hang out with Dielman and let Kris give him a crash course in being aggressive. If this Quessenberry were more aggressive, he would have been taken a lot higher.

Both he and Pulley have a chance to not only back up C, but OG as well.

I also think it is interesting that we got 2 guys who took part in the LA combine thing they held for the local kids. Nwosu and Queesenberry both attended that. Hopefully that bodes well for the scouting if it gives the team and inside track to getting to spend more time with some of the local prospects. And I don't think it hurts their chances to have somewhat less to worry about in terms of starting the professional career, being familiar with the area.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Bolt-O commented
          Editing a comment
          TT said that the local pro day is a much larger scale than in San Diego, as it does include UCLA, USC, and all the local product that attended high school there.
      • Antonio's Gates
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
        Here to push Pulley....sorry had to do it.
        Good. Pulley is average.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          We should give this kid a trip to hang out with Dielman and let Kris give him a crash course in being aggressive. If this Quessenberry were more aggressive, he would have been taken a lot higher.

Both he and Pulley have a chance to not only back up C, but OG as well.

I also think it is interesting that we got 2 guys who took part in the LA combine thing they held for the local kids. Nwosu and Queesenberry both attended that. Hopefully that bodes well for the scouting if it gives the team and inside track to getting to spend more time with some of the local prospects. And I don't think it hurts their chances to have somewhat less to worry about in terms of starting the professional career, being familiar with the area.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
            Steve commented
            Editing a comment
            It depends on what you mean. One on one, just individually, I thought he was OK, to good-ish . He does have trouble with a really good bull rush, but that often fixes itself as the player gets stronger and becomes a better technician.

What he was dreadful in was vs stunts and delayed blitzers. He just never got the hang of picking them up, and our pass protection in those was really bad. Fortunately, the rest of the offense was able to create other matchups to minimize that problem. KC was very good at forcing that matchup down after down, as our pass protection showed.

Pulley is probably the best C in football at pulling and leading. But in an NFL that favors the pass more than the run, that is not enough to keep a guy just for that. I just want to see if he can overcome it because he has some outstanding characteristics , IF (and it's a big IF) he can get through the other stuff.
        • Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Watched Quessenberry versus BJ Hill tape at senior bowl. Hill bull rushes him back about 10 yards and does a spin move. Quessenberry counters with an elbow to the face. Way to show some mean.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Hill and Jones were killing guys in the 1v1 drills at SB.

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

Good story on this kid, die hard bolts and Hardwick fan gets to wear 61 with his own name.... only a few can do that.

Its like me being WR for the Chargers with my last name on an 89 Jersey....

Comment

Working...
              X